Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 06:12:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
20 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 55
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20
Total: 20

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Various issues I need help on

Started by fsaviator, December 09, 2012, 04:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsaviator

OK...  so here is where I am at, and frustrated as hell.  Looking for help on each of these issues.  I am using FSX, Windows 7, Registered FSUIPC, Prosim737 Suite, Jetstream Model

-Constant left bank.  I've disabled, unplugged, removed and ignored ALL control axis in FSX, FSUIPC, and windows.  I then plugged in a Logitech Rumblepad and set it up in FSX for JUST elevator, aileron, and rudder.  STILL have a left bank.  One note on this with everything removed, spot view shows my rudder spiking like crazy, and it stops when I turn Yaw Damper off.

-Can't close all the doors resulting in a constant Caution and lit annunicators.  Shift-E and all number combinations only affect MAIN EXIT.

-I Do not get a Take-off config horn or warning when AC is out of trim prior to takeoff.  Only get the horn when the parking brake is on.  I can trim the nose full down or up, and the plane could care less.  It takes off.

-Can't enable TOGA on Take-off.  Despite A/T working, FD being on, being in correct take-off trim, and spooled up to 40%+, no TOGA.  I've tried keyboard assignment, Prosim assignment, FSUIPC assignment even joystick assignment of the button press, and while it accepts the assignment, I can't get TOGA on

-Can't enable AP CMD in flight.  Despite a loaded, active and executed FP in the CDU, all settings in the CDU, I still can't turn my AP via MCP or via keypress.

These are all new issues that I didn't have before.  Every one of these functions worked fine before I moved and rebuilt my sim.

Any help would be great
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

Maurice

Warren,

When all hell breaks loose, you need to go back to basics and eliminate everything not strictly necessary to fly. This is what I would do.

Power up FSX  pc only, nothing else and rename modules folder (no fsuipc)
Start FSX and in the controls section, reset everything to default assignments
Load the default flight with default ultralight and fly using keyboard commands only.

Does this work? If yes, start the default flight and switch to a 172 and again fly using keyboard only. Continue doing the same with the default 737. Does this work? It certainly should and if it does, attach a simple joystick, and calibrate it with FSX. Take a look at the airplane with an external view while still on the ground. Do all the control surfaces move as they should with the joystick controls?

If any of the above does not work, then your FSX installation got corrupted somehow. If everything worked, then you can start adding new elements one at a time starting with the Jetstram model and again using keyboard & adding mouse inputs when necessary. You should be able to fly this model with its full panel using keyboard and mouse. If it works, try adding a simple joystick again.

Forgive me if this sounds very simplistic and you already tried all that but based on the number of problems you are having, the only way to get a handle on this is to be very systematic and go back to the absolute basics and work your way up by adding one variable at a time. Anyway, this what I would do.

Hope this helps in some way. It has to be something very simple that is causing you all this grief and do not discount hardware failure of some sort, especially USB cables and/or USB hubs.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

fsaviator

Mau,

you are absolutely right.  Thanks for the tip renaming the modules folder...

I already removed my overhead and MIP, and TOGA is back...  I'm going to take your recommendation and go all the way back to the basics.  MTF

Warren
Warren "FSAviator"
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

blueskydriver

Sounds like your USB items are mixed up in FSUIPC. When you unplug anything USB; especially, all of your items, the values that are set in FSUIPC get mixed up when you plug it all back in. So, if you have 10 USB devices or whatever, more than likely their addressing has been mixed up in FSUIPC.

I think it is in the FSUIPC.ini file that you will see the device assignment values. Check to make sure they match the item their supposed too. If not, you need to reorder them to the correct device. I've had this happen many times and every time it was the renumbering of the USB devices. You'll have to look in the "Advanced Users" of the FSUIPC manual to learn more on this...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

fsaviator

Thanks John...  I will look into it
Warren "FSAviator"

fsaviator

Quote from: fsaviator on December 09, 2012, 04:35:12 AM

-Constant left bank.  I've disabled, unplugged, removed and ignored ALL control axis in FSX, FSUIPC, and windows.  I then plugged in a Logitech Rumblepad and set it up in FSX for JUST elevator, aileron, and rudder.  STILL have a left bank.  One note on this with everything removed, spot view shows my rudder spiking like crazy, and it stops when I turn Yaw Damper off.

I've narrowed it down to the Jetstream model.  I removed everything from FSX and ran it with just a gamepad and the default cessna and 737.  No bank.  Installed the Jetstream model and loaded it....  constant left bank.  Swapped out the jetstream with the default in flight and mid bank, good to go again.

Not going to say its a problem with the model...  I don't remember the "P-torque" being that bad before (does that even apply to two engine jets?).

-Can't close all the doors resulting in a constant Caution and lit annunicators.  Shift-E and all number combinations only affect MAIN EXIT.

A big duh on this one....  Someone was kind enough to clue me in without calling me a dumb**s :P

Anti-Collision lights "ON" closes all the exits

-I Do not get a Take-off config horn or warning when AC is out of trim prior to takeoff.  Only get the horn when the parking brake is on.  I can trim the nose full down or up, and the plane could care less.  It takes off.

-Can't enable TOGA on Take-off.  Despite A/T working, FD being on, being in correct take-off trim, and spooled up to 40%+, no TOGA.  I've tried keyboard assignment, Prosim assignment, FSUIPC assignment even joystick assignment of the button press, and while it accepts the assignment, I can't get TOGA on

-Can't enable AP CMD in flight.  Despite a loaded, active and executed FP in the CDU, all settings in the CDU, I still can't turn my AP via MCP or via keypress.

Still working the rest but am able to use TOGA when I uninstall everything so it is a hardware conflict issue, I guess
Warren "FSAviator"

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate