Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 05:45:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
534 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 549
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 534
Total: 534

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737ng Yoke Force Feedback Mods...

Started by sagrada737, January 01, 2013, 07:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maurice

Axel...my poor, poor Axel.....there must a real hell going on in your head  ;D. Me, I'm just a simpleton and I just push or pull on the column without caring about how much force is required and most of the time, I don't even have to do that because I love my friendly autopilot which does all that nasty work for me leaving me free to follow charts & navigate.

You would be so miserable flying an Airbus with just a simple joystick and fly by wire  :)

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

N737AG

On the very contrary Maurice .... it has been fun. The hellish part of it is, as always ....... time and $$$. It has been quite interesting, going to the boneyard before the plane is chopped, checking out the systems, removing the parts. ResearchingGreat experience.

Let me tell you something interesting. I have visits from many pilots, most of whom have recently transitioned from Boeing to Airbus. Their main complaint : on the Boeing you really feel the force of the air against your flight controls, whereas on the Airbus it is an artificial feel from computers and servomotors. Then I show them the Boeing flight controls and how they work. Imagine the look on their faces once they realize that the "feel" of the Boeing is also artificial.

Axel

Maurice

Quote from: N737AG on January 08, 2013, 05:36:51 AM
On the very contrary Maurice .... it has been fun. The hellish part of it is, as always ....... time and $$$. It has been quite interesting, going to the boneyard before the plane is chopped, checking out the systems, removing the parts. ResearchingGreat experience.

Axel

Well the only boneyard close to me is a cemetery and I'll be a permanent resident there soon enough so no rush to visit now  ;D

But if there had been a real airplane boneyard close enough to me when I started building, I too might have succumbed to this insidious disease that even makes some of us like the smell of jet fumes. Nothing like a whiff of jet exhaust smells in the morning to invigorate you & brighten your day.  :)

Maurice

N737AG

I am convinced we will have a lot of "Maurice" for many many years to come. No boneyard required for you yet  ;D

Smell of Jet Fuel ? That's my after-shave.

Axel

Maurice

Quote from: N737AG on January 08, 2013, 08:11:05 AM
I am convinced we will have a lot of "Maurice" for many many years to come. No boneyard required for you yet  ;D

Axel

Freedom from sim bondage is really tempting though. I should get acquainted with the bone keepers and ask for priority service  ;D

OK, it's official...I'm losing it.  ::)

Maurice

jskibo

Maurice's next project?  Heating his house with an APU maybe? 

Ahhh, the permanent smell of Jet-A each morning :)
Less than 4 years to retirement......

Maurice

Don't say those things. John is probably shopping for an APU right now.

Maurice

jackpilot

Jack

blueskydriver

OMG! An APU for that cheap price? I might get one...uh, okay, I am just kidding; besides, I have a 4000 watt generator hooked up as the APU. If, the power goes offline, the APU/Generator gets started! Oh, and I still open the Jet Fuel Scent under the fan blower, so the room is fresh as the Fuel Truck on the Tarmac...sniff, sniff, sniff...ahhhhhh...uh, okay what was I saying...butterflies and rainbows...or whatever...lol!

Now, Yoke Force Feedback Mods? My platform is motorized to automate the Yoke, Column and Trim Wheel, I just never got around to interfacing it. Someday, I will get there with it, but we're still working on getting a large building to house all the sims; thus, any major work on them is on hold.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Maurice

Quote from: blueskydriver on January 08, 2013, 08:35:06 PM
but we're still working on getting a large building to house all the sims; thus, any major work on them is on hold.

John

A more sensible alternative would be to get rid of some of them  :)

Maurice

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate