Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 02:17:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
566 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 584
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 566
Total: 567

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Wideview vs TH2Go

Started by mickc, February 25, 2013, 12:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

Darn it you guys....

Your going to have me firing up my FSX installations again!   I had all but given up on it and made up my mind but you guys suck me back in.....

Scott

markfire

XOrionFE

Tried your Wideview settings today Mark using 3 of my 5 computers to begin with and actually worked quite nicely.   I still get jitters on the clients and lag especially when turning while taxiing but better than it was.   I was running in LAS scenery and my framerates where all in the 20-30s on the ground (all systems set to unlimited and Nvidia Inspector set to half the sync using Nick Needham's recommendations).  I havent tried Kostas but I assume they are similiar to Nicks?   Anyway, needs a little more tweaking but liking it so far.  Looking at full FTX Global at 1080p on each 60" display with REX textures is really a site to behold.   Had a nice flight from LAS to SNA in gorgeous sunset conditions with just perfect weather and clouds to fly in.  Sweet...

Scott

markfire

Scott

Promising stuff. I think you'll get a smoother experience if you use the Kosta tweaks. Mainly, Bufferpools=0, SGSS – Sparse Grid SuperSampling setting (this one is my favourite to kill the shimmering),

Others.  [JOBSCHEDULER]  AffinityMask=14
              [GRAPHICS]   HIGHMEMFIX=1

Also a must if running full screen.
VSYNC TWEAK – FULL SCREEN
A thing worth mentioning here is a new discovery on the Hardware Video Forums about new Nvidia VSync.
This tweak brings unparalleled smoothness with the locked frame rate at 30fps.
In short:
1) identify your monitor refresh, and if it's 60hz...
2) set locked 30fps in FSX FPS and see that you get it!
3) set Nvidia Inspector like mine when it comes to VSync – ½ refresh rate
This tweak only works in full screen. It does not work in windowed.
Here's the link for anyone reading this post.

http://kostasfsworld.wordpress.com/fsx-software-and-hardware-guide/

Weather wise, I'm using FSGlobal real weather, which supports wideview and releases some resources back over to it. I find I get a smoother flight with wideview weather switched off.  You've probably read the posts on here and seen the videos.

Let me know how you progress.

Mark

sluyt050

I can confirm Marks settings for 100%, it's my experience too that they work very well. FSGRW will be implemented soon (quite busy now with finishing my platform and expecting FDS Shell, MIP & OVH panels to arrive soon).
Edward

markfire

Edward

Sounds like a nice pit you're building there.

Are you buying the FDS liners also?

Post some pics of your progress.

Regards

Mark

sluyt050

Quote from: markfire on September 15, 2013, 11:46:26 PM
Edward
Sounds like a nice pit you're building there.
Are you buying the FDS liners also?
Post some pics of your progress.
Regards
Mark
I am happy with the results so far and yes liners and rudder panels [captains side only) are included.
I will post my progress in a new topic (as I did for the control columns).

Cheers,
Edward

XOrionFE

Mark,

I just wanted to say a BIG HUGE THANK YOU.

I used the Kosta tweaks along with your wideview settings and my wideview setup is now running smoothly and beautifully for the first time.    That combined with the FSGRW weather generation and sync has just brought my whole sim new FSX life.   Combining all that with Orbx FTx Global and regions I have and it is an absolutely stunning world on 5 60" displays.   Weather using rex and FSGRW is amazing.   I have a few more tweaks to make sure textures and settings for FTX and REX are all matched and a few more adjustments to zoom and i think I am all dialed in.

Video will follow.....

Thank you again and I owe you one...

Scott

markfire

Scott

Great to hear you had some success!  All i did was point you in the right direction : )

look fwd to seeing the video

Mark

XOrionFE

Here are a couple more videos with the new settings running around in Vegas Scenery with FS Global Weather.

This is the best my setup has ever run with Wideview and I am ecstatic.  I hope you enjoy.

Scott

http://youtu.be/zbauFb1SKy0

http://youtu.be/wJ-3Fc-Vrpw

sluyt050

Thanks Scott, brilliant video. It finally all comes together inclusive real-time weather.
Edward

phil

In the fsx.cfg file, the wideview aspect should this be set to true or false when using wideview ?
And is this the solution for a perfect horizon when turning left or right in the air ?

markfire

phil

Ok thank you, for your 5 tv's are you also using 5 computers for the outside views ?

markfire

Yes. Four i5 pcs for the clients and an i7 for the server/centre view.

sluyt050

Quote from: phil on November 29, 2013, 09:17:46 AM
In the fsx.cfg file, the wideview aspect should this be set to true or false when using wideview ?
And is this the solution for a perfect horizon when turning left or right in the air ?

IMO it should be set to FALSE assuming that you use landscape views. I have a 210 deg. FOV setup using 3 scenery FSX/WideView PC's driving 3 projectors producing a 16:10 landscape image each.

In general (Ref. Windowmaker tool):
If windows are wider than they are tall, set Wideviewaspect=FALSE
If windows are taller than they are wide, set Wideviewaspect=TRUE
Edward

phil

I also thought that it must be set to false. Do you use the virtual cockpit view or the cockpit view without the instruments for the outside views ?

sluyt050

Quote from: phil on November 29, 2013, 04:24:16 PM
I also thought that it must be set to false. Do you use the virtual cockpit view or the cockpit view without the instruments for the outside views ?
2D cockpit view but disabled so scenery only.
Edward

phil

For the zoom settings, isn't 1.00 the best setting for the outside views, i will try it on 3pc's today and 3 screens. If this works then i will 2 more pc's to get the side views.
At this moment i'm running fs9 with 5 tv's on 1 pc, 2 graphic cards, and have the 5 different outside views.
Phil

sluyt050

Quote from: phil on November 29, 2013, 10:59:55 PM
For the zoom settings, isn't 1.00 the best setting for the outside views, i will try it on 3pc's today and 3 screens. If this works then i will 2 more pc's to get the side views.
At this moment i'm running fs9 with 5 tv's on 1 pc, 2 graphic cards, and have the 5 different outside views.
Phil

Your zoom factor is determined by the number of views (5 in your case) and the total Field Of View. Suppose you choose a total VOF of 200 deg. (so 40 deg. per view), your zoom factor becomes: 0.829578719 (calculated by the Window maker tool). The total VOF depends on how you arrange your tv's.

Ref. Window maker tool: http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=469 (you have to logon).

Good luck with your setup!
Edward

markfire

Guys

You are getting confused with projector settings and wideview (the program)

I don't know about Fs9, but FSX should be set to wideview=true when using tv's and multiple pcs

The zoom factor will be around 1.60 for 1920x1080 resolution.

You dont need windowmaker or any other tool than wideview.

I use the Jetstream model that has no VC just outside view.

Believe me, I know!

sluyt050

Quote from: markfire on November 29, 2013, 11:47:20 PM
Guys

You are getting confused with projector settings and wideview (the program)

I don't know about Fs9, but FSX should be set to wideview=true when using tv's and multiple pcs

The zoom factor will be around 1.60 for 1920x1080 resolution.

You dont need windowmaker or any other tool than wideview.

I use the Jetstream model that has no VC just outside view.

Believe me, I know!

With all due respect Mark, but I think I am not confused!

As I said before, I have a 210 deg. FOV FSX/WideView setup running on 3 scenery only clients controlled by a FSX/WideView server. I use 3 x 16:10 1280x800p ultra short throw projectors. FSX Wideviewaspect is set to FALSE. Zoom factor=0.431217809 derived from Window maker. I also use the Jetstream model together with ProSim. I start FSX by means of a saved .FLT file with the correct view angles. Also WideView has to be setup with these angles.

What can I say more? Everything runs fine and my views align perfectly.
Edward

markfire

Yes you are right with using projectors but our friend I believe is using wideview and tv's.

Very different beasts!

I think he has all the info he needs for both setups : )

sluyt050

Quote from: markfire on November 30, 2013, 12:25:44 AM
Yes you are right with using projectors but our friend I believe is using wideview and tv's.

Very different beasts!

I think he has all the info he needs for both setups : )
Hi Mark,
What could be the difference between tv's and projectors in terms of image geometry? I opted for 85" flat projection screens for certain reasons. For me these are just big (relatively bad) tv's.
Edward

phil

Ok i will try to setup the views today, i have 37 inch flat tv screens
Phil

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate