Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:38:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
460 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 460
Total: 460

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

2 FDS CDUs on the same computer

Started by Karl737, August 08, 2013, 10:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl737

Hi guys,

I'm up to hooking up my second FDS CDU but I have ran into problems with the FDS Texwork driver locking up.
It will let me assign both CDUs (in this case Prosim 1 and Prosim 2), they will turn on, but then the driver locks up. The only way to get out of it is to restart the computer.
If I unplug the USB from the second CDU and restart the computer, all is well again.

I really am at a loss with this one so any help would be greatly appreciated!  :D

Cheers,
Karl

rhysb

What version fds CDU's do you have?

I use 2 proM CDU's and I don't have the texworx driver installed on the CDU machine I just let prosim drive them and all is good.

I know the later ProMX CDU's have a few setup issues but search the prosim forum as there is a good explanation there.

Rhys b
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

Karl737

Hi Rhys,

I also have the ProMX CDUs. They were purchased not long after FDS released them.

How did you set it up so Prosim drives them directly?

Any advice you could give would be great!

Cheers,
Karl

Bob Reed

I am not a big one to make this kind of statement....BUT..... Have you asked FDS this question as it seems to be a driver question. Someone here may be able to help but FDS should have have the answer to this. If you get an answer from them please come back here and report as t owhat you got...

Jetcos

ProSim talks directly to the CDU's and they have a file you install to run the CDU's. FDSDrivers is the name.

Also don't forget to actually drag the ProSim CDU display to the CDU screen. Biggest issue noted in their Forum.
Steve Cos
Flightdeck Solutions, Newmarket Ontario,Canada
Special Projects and Technical Support

Karl737

Thanks Steve,

Okay,I'll go install those drivers and give it a go.

Now I think about it, I have seen the driver  in the Prosim folder, but because one CDU was working fine, as well as all my other FDS hardware, I never gave it a second thought.

I'll go give it a go and report back....

Karl

Jetcos

You should have to assign the second CDU as well?

I have only run ProSim n our JetMax (1 CDU in the JM)

Steve Cos

Karl737

Yes, will need to run a second instance of Prosim CDU (from another folder) and assign there, well at least that's my understanding.

Karl737

Well, still no luck.

I have installed the FDSdrivers. I start Prosim System and then Prosim CDU but it won't turn on.

This is still with just one cdu for the moment.

Steve, what would you suggest?

Thanks,
Karl

fdspcos

Assuming our CDU app is running... You selected "ProSim" as the primary software.... Also assuming you selected "Captain" from the lower drop down box... There is a choice there. So e folks miss this it seems.
Can you check that please?
Peter

Karl737

Hi Peter,

Yep, have that all selected.

Steve advised he'll do a little testing from he's end.

Cheers,

Karl

XOrionFE

Karl,

Please post a screen shot of the display layout from your display settings on the computer that the cdu is attached to, a screen shot of the FDS CDU config window, along with the contents of the cdu .xml file.

Let us take a look at those.

Scott

Karl737

Hi Scott,

I can get the Prosim CDU module displayed fine on the screens of both CDUs. No issues with the displays.

I can run one fine - with the FDS CDU controller running. When I try to run two, the controller locks up and no key inputs are registered.

Sorry if my previous posts weren't real clear.

Happy to wait and let Steve do a bit of checking.

Cheers,
Karl

XOrionFE

Then I suggest you post on the FDS or Prosim forums.   I run 2 FDS CDUs on my one computer fine with sim-a or Prosim.   Happy to help but this is not the proper place to ask for help if you only want it from Steve.   You should make your post on his support forum then.

Scott

Ridgenj

I believe same topic is being discussed at the other forum too.
Cheers
Luis

Jetcos

Was working with Karl in the background.

He has the CDU software up and running and I believe he sorted a USB HUb issue as well. Sounds like Karl is up and running with 2 FDS CDU's now.   8)

Thanks Scott for jumping in, I knew you had them both running.

Steve Cos

Karl737

Hi all.

I can confirm I am indeed up and running with no issues at all! :D

Thanks heaps to Steve and everyone for helping out here and assisting in getting my head around the issue.

For everyone's interest, the main issue, as Steve mentioned, was the hub. What I discovered, at least in my set-up anyway, was if I had both CDU's hooked into the same hub, it was no good.

The solution was as simple as running an individual USB cable for each CDU back to the computer and Bingo!

I flew for 3 hours last night and not a single glitch  8)

Karl

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate