Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 04:00:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
561 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 584
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 561
Total: 561

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Wiring suggestions for dedicated 737NG room

Started by Ridgenj, August 24, 2013, 07:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridgenj

Good morning, I just finished the framing of my new dedicated  room and ended up with with 13 by 16 feet.   the reason why I can't go bigger are the AC Unit that cost me 3' by code and bearing columns. Have no other choice than using the 13' front for my curved screen. many thanks to all that have shared ideas before here and in other places. I already considered many of the advices giving here and somewhere else.

i have been measuring twice and cutting four times... because I missed something in between.
Now the time to run the wires and cables has come and I want to conceal my power, ethernet, USB, HDMI etc cable in the walls and will put all my PC's etc in an adjacent room.

Has anybody schematics and counts of all the cables that are needed in the walls and ceiling (three projectors).
I have a basic idea of what is needed and I will have all the access sockets hubs  at 18 inch from the floor and under the mid point of my curved screen. I ordered my FDS shell

Any suggestion is welcome

Cheers
Luis

sluyt050

I do not have a complete picture on paper, it's mostly in my head. I'am in the process too of making a room & cable layout. IMO, whatever you choose: inside wall mounting or external cable duct(s), make it as flexible as possible. In this way you are able to easily fill in the pieces of the 'puzzle' over time. Furthermore, it's important that you always must be able to easily replace a malfunctioning cable or a broken projector bulb. Last but not least: don't forget DC circuit breakers and it's quite likely you will need a ventilation/airco system (i.e. your hardware packs) :2cw:. Good luck!
Edward

Ridgenj

Thanks for the advice and I forgot completely about the AC. My basement is cool but probably not enough to run 6 PC'c and all overclocked.

Has somebody used a unit that is independent form the main HVAC. In the Caribbean homes I have seen square units build in the ceiling.
Cheers
Luis

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate