Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 09:17:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
549 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 584
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 549
Total: 550

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

WideView Weather - FSG real Weather

Started by Andrew 737, September 04, 2013, 10:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew 737

Hi Guys

I have been watching a post at the FSGlobal Real Weather Forums with interest; I can confirm these guys have provided a solution for their product to work over multiple networked machines, thus Wideview *NOT* having to feed the weather to the clients.

Quote by boris4356:

Networking to multi PC's works very well now, and there is no more need to run the weather through Wideview. There is a setting in Wideview that allows PC's other then the Main Wideview server PC to get their weather directly from another source without having to be interpolated by Wideview first.

When this is set, and the networkbridge is properly set up with the main Wideview PC as the Primary FSX server in the FSGRW network settings, and the additional PC's set up in the secondary section, the results are truely amazing!

There is no more stuttering, skies clearing or cloud popping when FSGRW provides the weather through the network bridges like there was when it was fed through Wideview. I fly into the fronts in the distance now, and the weather changes are very subtle. The winds and temps are also rock stable. I have not had any windshifts. The main FSX PC still gets all the data required for turbulance, temps, winds etc which affects the aircraft movement.

I really like FSGRW. It just feels right, and really enhances the flight experience!

Bill

Needles to say I'm in!!!

I hope this helps others in their noble quest to Simulator Perfection
Regards and Thanks

Andrew

PC Specs - 3 x i7 2600k @ 4.6, GTX 780, 8gig ram, Samsung Pro 512g & 256g SSD's - 1 x i7 2600k @ 4.6, GTX 780, 8gig Ram, Caviar Black HDD With Crucial Adrenaline & 2 x i7 980x @ 3.3, 6gig ram, GTX 580 & Velociraptor HDD's

sluyt050

Sounds very promising  :), I'am gonna try it.
Edward

markfire

I've had a look and its very promising.  Testing required. I'll post here with results.

Andrew 737

I look forward to hearing from you guys

Thanks
Regards and Thanks

Andrew

PC Specs - 3 x i7 2600k @ 4.6, GTX 780, 8gig ram, Samsung Pro 512g & 256g SSD's - 1 x i7 2600k @ 4.6, GTX 780, 8gig Ram, Caviar Black HDD With Crucial Adrenaline & 2 x i7 980x @ 3.3, 6gig ram, GTX 580 & Velociraptor HDD's

markfire

First look.....very nice.
Got it working, but more testing to do.
here's a quick video of initial setup.
http://youtu.be/68gx9eD0IwM
hope it helps?
More to come : )
Mark

Sam Llorca

markfire

Thanks Sam

I'll try and do some better videos with my camera instead of the iphone!

Weather works great and wideview really smooth as less to generate and distribute.

Mark

markfire

In the air

http://youtu.be/OFdQ1gJkmOA

Better videos to come.

Really impressive early results.

Mark

FredK

That does look compelling!

There's no mention at all about this on the WideView forum.

Fred
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

markfire

Hi Fred

The wideview website/forum doesn't seem to be very active and I think users of wideview buy it and are pretty much on their own!  I think it's a fantastic piece of software but I think support and development has all but stopped.

Saying that, it's given my sim a new lease of life especially as I'm using tv's for the outside view.

If you've got the space, money and time, wideview certainly still has a place in sim building.

It's certainly nice to see other developers giving us wideview users some great additions to enhance our wideview world.

Just the traffic to sort now, although wideview does a fairly good job on its own as I mostly fly online.

Mark

Bernd Podhradsky

Hi!

As I am the developer of FSGRW (together with Stefan Schaefer from PILOT'S), I'm glad you like our multiple network bridge solution.

Since there seems to be a little confusion about the "primary" and "secondary" network bridges, here's a few words about this: in very basic terms, what FS Global Real Weather does is this:

1) Get current flight parameters from flight sim (ie. aircraft location, altitude, ground speed etc)
2) Set / Update the weather within a radius around the aircraft
3) back to 1

Step 1 will only be done in connection with ONE network bridge, because it doesn't make sense to read the current aircraft location from all network bridges (they should be the same anyway and if they aren't - which means that the sims are not properly synced - FSGRW would get confused anyway, because what weather should be set then!?). The network bridge which is not only used for setting weather but also getting these flight parameters is the primary one.

Secondary Network Bridges act only as additional weather receivers, but FSGRW doesn't ask them for aircraft location, ground speed etc. I've attached a diagram that shows how this works.

If it's still confusing, feel free to ask :).

Bernd

markfire

Bernd

Nice product by the way. The confusing part I refer too is not the process but more the naming convention. It's obvious to me now but calling both parts bridges made me  think harder to achieve this simple task.

Maybe if the naming was changed to, lets say server (pc running fsglobal) and clients (client pcs)
Also a mention that the network bridge only needs to run on client pcs.

Just my early observations

Keep up the great work

Regards and thanks

Mark

Bernd Podhradsky

Quote from: markfire on September 06, 2013, 02:10:42 PM
Maybe if the naming was changed to, lets say server (pc running fsglobal) and clients (client pcs)
Also a mention that the network bridge only needs to run on client pcs.
That's actually not the case. The primary network bridge can be ANY network bridge on ANY pc on the network and doesn't have to be the one where FSGRW Main UI runs. Many users have FSGRW on a seperate computer where FSX is not even installed. FSGRW requires on all computers (the one you enter as primary network bridge and all the secondary network bridges) FSGRW Network Bridge to be installed and running. The only difference between primary and secondary network bridges is, that FSGRW only reads flight parameters from the primary network bridge.

However, you are right that only computers with FSX installed (i.e. the clients) require Network Bridge to be installed, FSGRW UI itself acts as server (actually it's the other way round, but we shouldn't make it too complicated here).

A short summary:
.) All computers with the sim installed require FSGRW Network Bridge to be installed and running
.) If the computer where FSGRW (the main user interface) is running doesn't have the sim installed (or running), it doesn't require a Network Bridge installed (this is the case if the computer running FSGRW only acts as "data feeder" to other computers with the sim installed, but doesn't have the sim running).
.) The difference between primary and secondary bridge is, as explained, that flight parameters are only read from the primary one.

Thanks for the positive feedback :). Actually this was one of the most difficult features to add, because I don't have a homecockpit which made testing not very easy :).

Bernd

Andrew 737

Hi Guys

Mark
Fantastic input, please keep up the good work mate - thank you

Bernd
Thank you for joining this thread, it's really great to have your input.

I'm going to purchase and download this weekend :)
Regards and Thanks

Andrew

sluyt050

Thanks Mark and Bernd for sharing your experience and further explanation. I'm mentally ready now for installing FSGRW/Network Bridges on my 5 machines  ???.
Edward

markfire

Here's FSGlobal weather network config.

Ridgenj

Bernd, good to see you here! Congratulations to Stephan and you or another excellent product from the FS Pilot house. I own them all.

I see that a lot of simmers are converting into your program and it would be good to write a small tutorial to help understand the networking part better. Everything that helps implementation will help adoption of your program.

Alles Gute
Luis

PS check proSim737 forum too

markfire

iwik

Hi Mark,
Thanks so much for an excellent Video. I've never seen Wideview shown as well.
I think such a video as this one would be widely appreciated on the Wideview Forum.
with some details. Would you please post there. I know Luiciana doesn't seem to appear as regular but is very quick to respond by email if you have any problems. Besides that there
is a great wealth of support.

Regards
Les

markfire

Les

Now posted on the Wideview Forum

regards

Mark

iwik

Thanks Mark,
I've looked out for an excellent video of Wideview showing how good it is and especially
its smoothness and with your in HD it was the icing on the cake.
Can you tell me how I can keep that video as I would like to be able to view it when I
have any doubts about my setup.

Regards
Les

markfire

Les

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel, then add as favourite. I won't be taking it off

Regards

Mark

iwik

boris4356

Hi Guys,

It was my post at the FSGRW website that was quoted at the beginning of this thread.

I made a post today at AVSim that has a bit more detail that you may be interested in:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/420804-fs-global-real-weather-and-wideview/

This program is absolutely amazing! If you don't have it yet, I would not hesitate. It dramatically changes the performance of Wideview. You will not regret getting it!

Bill

boris4356

Quote from: sluyt050 on September 07, 2013, 01:39:48 AM
Thanks Mark and Bernd for sharing your experience and further explanation. I'm mentally ready now for installing FSGRW/Network Bridges on my 5 machines  ???.

Hi Edward,

I installed FSGRW/Network Bridges on 4 machines, and it was extremely simple and quick. It took no longer than 5 or 10 minutes.

Bill

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate