Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:45:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
463 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 463
Total: 463

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

7" Touchscreen - Possible CDU Alternative

Started by murdoughnut, January 24, 2014, 09:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

murdoughnut

Anyone have any experience with small touchscreen monitors used as CDUs?  I ran across this one - apparently designed for auto usage.  I'm not sure what the dimensions of a 737 CDU are, but I would think that 7" might be a little small, but doable.  Curious what thoughts were.

http://www.amazon.com/Lilliput-Frame-Touch-Screen-Monitor/dp/B005TX3HSA/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1390587735&sr=1-2&keywords=touchscreen+monitor

jackpilot

I have one and they work fine for anything you want, like moving map, GPS and probably CDUs.
They come in 8" also.

Size is offscale for a 737 CDU but all depends on your cockpit.
Touch is better with a pen though than with fingers
Jack

Jack

raygun

Hi Murdoughnut

I have a 10 " touch screen that I use as a moving Map display and it works great. I got mine from China Via Ebay ( wasn't too sure at the time) and I have a bezel that was made by Ruscool Aviation to make it look like a Garmin GPS.

The only issue I had was that I had Rex extreem installed on the machine with my moving map software and it was very difficult to get the rex software adjusted as it seemed to be too big for the screen, I got over this by running it on another networked machine.

Regards Raygun

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate