Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 10:44:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
475 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 497
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 475
Total: 475

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Opencockpits products

Started by bussgarfield, December 02, 2009, 09:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bussgarfield

I am in the process of organising the construction of my first cockpit. I have most of the panels and hardware that I need and have now purchased some of the timber. I have purchased most items from Opencockpits and I am very pleased with the quality.

Of course like all kids with new toys there is a tendancy to have a play with them before actually installing them into my currently non-existant pit.
I have the MCP and Nav module up and running in front of my screens so I can at least fly.
However, I do find the SIOC related intructions confusing and to date I cant seem to get the flaps panel configured and the instructions on connecting the servo appear somewhat fuzzy.
I also have 'dry' connected the CDU and whilst I can get the screen recognised, I cant seem to get any further.
I know the instructions from Opencockpits are translated Spanish and now living in Spain I am trying to learn the lingo to but .....

Have any of you fellow builders out there had similar problems or can you shed some light on the mysteries of SIOC to help me out.

I am running MSFSX on Vista and until PMDG release the long awaited 737NGX next year??? I use the default 737.

Any info gratefully received.

Gary
Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

Trevor Hale

Hi Gary,

I personally am not familiar with SIOC.. But if I were to begin, I would go and have a look at Niko's website here...

http://www.lekseecon.nl/howto.html

He has a lot of "How to do" Articles that will steer you in the right SIOC direction.  I don;t know if there are many people here that can help, but we will sure try.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

bussgarfield

Hi Trev,

Thanks in advance ----- I will check it out now.

Gary
Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate