Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 01:36:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
55 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 51
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 55
Total: 55

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Phidgets over a network connecting with ProSim737

Started by willow, August 14, 2015, 01:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willow

Hello

Does anyone know of Phidgets can be run from the client computer to the server computer over a network.  Reading the Phidget site it states it can by using the included web service.

However, would any phidget cards that have switch assignments, etc set in ProSim737 still operate ?

My thinking is to try and remove as much as possible from the server computer and offload it to the client.

Thanks,   WilloW

WilloW  (YMHB)
www.Flaps2Approach.com

quid246

Don't quote me but I think Prosim needs to talk directly to the Phidgets cards.  At least this is what I figured playing around with it last year.

If it's still the case and you absolutely had to move the device to another computer, you could probably write a "bridge" that would take text commands over a TCP socket and have the bridge then translate make the Phidgets calls.

Sam Llorca

Don't quote me on this either but last year when I switched to ProSim all my hardware was connected to another machine over the network and I had to change all the hardware connections to the main computer, Prosim recommends that all hardware with the exception of the CDU's to be connected at the main PC. If there is another way to do it I don't know it and Prosim technicians don't recommended it.

Cheers.

willow

Thank you!

I did some further research and at the moment ProSim does not have the ability to connect to Phidgets over the network.

Best,   WilloW
WilloW  (YMHB)
www.Flaps2Approach.com

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate