Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 09:51:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
544 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 698
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 544
Total: 545

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Almost there, only took 3 years.....

Started by tennyson, November 15, 2015, 09:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennyson

Well, I'm on the home straight, finally. I started this project, in this home, 2 years and 9 months ago and said it would be flying within a year......haha

With the help of a good engineer mate, today, we mounted my finished overhead, into the sim.
I'm really excited to see how the beautiful Simworld canbus gauge technology works with it's amazing lighting and super smooth gauges.
What a great feeling. I have a few days of hooking things up and testing and then hopefully, she'll be fully functional for our Inaugural OzSim Aviation Circumnavigation around Australia and New Zealand.
32 pre-planned flights, using beautiful ORBX airports, should be spectacular on the short throw high def 200 degree screen.
I have my rear overhead, still needs a few things hooked up and finished off before I install it as well, but hope to have it in and being tested, also, before weeks end.

So, here's a few pics of the overhead, mounted in the FDS shell:

Frank Cooper

Ridgenj

Congratulations Frank and you have built in no time. I  started in 2010 and still working.
I have been in a cave the past year (grandson was born) and have a few questions.

1. Is your OVH from Simworld  and does it fit well or are you using the gauges in a FDS OVH?

2. Are you using two or three projectors for FOV200.
I have have Optoma GT 1080 for a screen with 6m radius and FOV 180. I can't test yet but need to finish the room and can't decide if I put cables for two or three projectors and more important, mounting devices.

Cheers  from New Jersey
Luis  aka ridgenj

tennyson

My set-up is a three IG to 3 short throw, high def projectors.

The arc of my curved screen is a semi-circle with a diameter of 4.6 metres, but the projectors are about .5 metre forward, so I get about 200degrees from the cockpit.

I bought the overhead (flyengravity shell) from a guy in Sydney a few years back, but I've modified it and fitted the simworld gauges and canbus technology.

I've spent the night, tonight, setting up my newly installed overhead, with just a few little glitches to iron out. I am really on track now for a finish some time this month, so I'll be punching out the sky miles over the holidays....

Flying_Fox

Congratulations Frank! You are a sprinter!  :)

In a couple of months it will be 5 years for me ;)

And  my FWD and AFT overheads and their control modules are wired - starting configuring and testing this week.

Nick

Ridgenj

Many thanks Frank, I will follow Nat's recommendation and use also three IG's with a wide view server.
Not sure I understand it correctly but apperently one can use 
OPUS or FSRW to network the IG's in P3D.
Anyhow, enjoy your flying because for me it has become a rare activity and I spent more time trying to figure out so many things out for my pit.
Cheers
Luis

Caflyt

Can someone please define "IG's"
I must be stupid????

mickc

tennyson

Thanx Mick, beat me to it, mate.

I got a few more pics, as I mozey along.

I installed a couple of speakers in the overhead panels today, before bolting down the left hand side panelling.
I'm still doing configs at the moment and had a functional flight today, testing annunciators and switches.

It's coming together nicely now.

Frank

727737Nut

737 Junkie

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate