Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 06:55:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
564 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 564
Total: 564

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Wiring Help Please.

Started by idj4, November 21, 2015, 10:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idj4

Hi all.

Can anyone please advise me on where/how to connect these. I have the Opencockpits SSTD and to be honest their wiring instruction manual leaves a lot to be desired. It covers only about 70% of what one needs to know. I need to know how to wire these 10k pots. Which pin is +/- and where do they connect to on what type of pcb. I'm guessing they go to the OC input or output IO card. The pots are part of the brightness panels (cpt).

Also the LED strip for the instrument lighting. It goes under the MCP. I know it's a 12v feed but where does it connect? I have been exchanging emails with OC's support and although they reply, they can take up to 4 days, and they don't seem to answer all questions.  :(

I just want to get this thing flying  :D. It's like giving a child a new toy and telling them they have to wait for the batteries  >:(

Thanks.

Keep Well..  Ian

727737Nut

Hi,
The Pot is usually wired as middle pin is signal and outer 2 pins are
+5 and GND and they can be reversed if needed to make it work in needed direction of turn.
I know the older OC stuff had analog/Pot inputs on most of them. Not sure on what you have.

As far as your 12vdc flood  lighting,  they have to have provided a dimmer module to connect that to which possibly the pot would also hook to.  Don't know for sure.
Sorry

Rob
737 Junkie

iwik

Ian,
I just had a look at your earlier thread and linked to the kit you bought. I suggest you d/load the docs for all the part no listed. I had a quick look at the dimmer card and it looks like the docs show it can be used in standalone mode. Suggest you read this and try and hook up the card,led strip and pot on the bench to further understand its connections and get it working. If you don't understand anything then just ask. OC site is not the easiest to work thru.
Les
P.S it looks like you have been supplied with  a pc supply. If you can't understand the wiring for the power supply then show us a pic of it. The manual seems to be straight forward as to where the
Pot,12v supply and led strip connect. There are jumpers to set up the board but these
seem to be explained quite well. Seehow you go.

idj4

Hi Guys..
Thank you for your replies. To be honest Les I didn't think about looking for instructions for the parts individually. So thanks for that. I did kind of expect to get a full manual that covers everything when I bought the kit. I did email OC to ask them about the wiring (amongst other questions) but it didn't get answered. It turns out your advice was very helpful. The flood & main panels are now all wired in & working.  :D  Now I just have to do the LED strip.  :)

Thanks. 
Keep Well..  Ian

iwik

Good news, its a shame with oc gear that their docs are so scattered.
Les

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate