Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 06:56:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
561 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 561
Total: 561

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Advice before going ahead

Started by Skysurfer170, December 07, 2015, 06:57:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skysurfer170

Ok i finally got available space and i'm all set to fill it up with my dream 737NG build.

My budget is £25k here in the UK. I have my eyes set on Simworld there products seem very well detailed and high quality.

If i go with simworld would FDS 737 shell be compatible or would minor tweaks will have to be involved? Anyone?

But i am considering FDS MIP PRO MX and Pro-sim for the sim.

Trevor Hale

Hi Vernon.

If it was me, and I was in your position...  I would do lots of research.  With my personal experience with FlyEngravity...
I would look at FlyEngravity as well. Their stuff is top notch, and includes the tinted glass for the MIP.  I am sure they would be happy to help you out.

I have never seen first hand the Simworld stuff, but have heard good reports from their collections.  A Friend of mine has ordered the MCP/EFIS From simworld and from the pictures it looks top notch as well.  I don't think you will be able to just use one vendor for everything, but the good vendors should help you out with sizing information and compatibility.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

navymustang

I have to throw in my support for Sismo Soluciones out of Spain.  Nearly my entire cockpit is Sismo and it has very few minor bugs that I am fixing.  It interfaces extremely clean with Prosim and P3D and they have been supportive in getting issues resolved.
I like the Ethernet self contained CPUs on each major component that talk back to Prosim on my host PC.  Makes testing and trouble shooting a breeze.
Jim
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

Skysurfer170

I'm going to take my time everything has its pros and cons. But simworld hardware does seem very nice and all gauges are fully functional.

tennyson

I don't think there is a better set of gauges on the market, than the simworld ones.

Several of us here, have them and they are exceptional. make sure you look at the canbus technology, it's a treat!

Frank Cooper

Trevor Hale

All products thus far are excellent solutions.  Take note of what people are saying. But make your own judgement. Otherwise you may be disappointed with your decision after the fact. I also have seen the Sismo overhead and it is well built.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Ridgenj

Jim,  I have Sismo products and Ethernet was a seller for.me. Símworld is using now Canbus which is PnP and beautiful OVH gauges.  For the MIP gauges I use Flight Illusion and lastly,  Flyengravity just launched a beautiful Ethernet  CDU that doesn't need a VGA output anymore and connects directly to. PROSIM CDU display.  Lastly,  Peter from FDS just announced their Pedestal, all metal,  Ethernet series which can connect up to eight devices via Ethernet cables opposed to flat cables in the Sismo Soluciones system.
My point is that you will end with different vendors and a spaghetti cables Salat. 
In my experience today I spend more time building instead of flying.
Cheers
Luis

Skysurfer170

Not an easy task to decide what to go for. I'm thinking of getting the advanced shell from FlyBycockpits as they are compatible with simworld.

Skysurfer170

Well simworld FWD + AFT overhead is about the same price as SISMO both overheads. There roughly £6500 for the pair from both companys.

Sam Llorca

If quality is what you are looking for and budged permits, go Simworld or Sismo!
Simworld is fully compatible right of the bat, Sismo too, but you need to load up a script every time to make it work, is available thru their website and the script keeps changing  from time to time.
:2cw:

Cheers,

m0ng00se

Jeez .. £25k .. wish I had that sort of cash laying around  ... Go Simworld then, I reckon, their stuff is the real deal. For that sort of money, they might be able to do a turnkey solution for you, with or without visuals. Would be interesting to see what they charge for that though, probably more than £25k, they are not cheap ;)

http://www.simworld.pl/shop/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=111
My interwebs page full of 737 related thingymebobs : https://www.facebook.com/sum1els737

Skysurfer170

Well sismo got back and there sending me a qoute! Its great they use ethernet :)

Flying_Fox

£25k?
Well, you missed the chance to get perfectly  working sim with the best hardware from Nick1150 for about the same amount ...
:angel:

Skysurfer170

Sam Llorca

This is Nick1150...

http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=5238.msg39055;topicseen#new

Best deal of the century!!!!!

Cheers,
Sam

Skysurfer170

jackpilot

Mixing products can be done but you have to expect some adjustments, mostly minor, as simple as half a millimeter offset of a screw hole, or having to slightly cut off a bracket which is in the way. All easy to do with a small dose of ingenuity.
As far as the gauges are concerned the holes are strandard for all gauges and I would'nt expect any problems. The clearance between the overhead and the shell (FDS) is generous. On my sim I used real gauges for APU/ DiFF ALT Duct pressure and OXY which are fairly deep and they fit perfectly.

Jack

Skysurfer170

Hi jack.

My conclusion now is, i want to stick with the same supplier. Got an email from fly engravity. Someone on here said they have solid products...

They said..

Thank you for your email.
Yes we can provide you with a full pre assembled MIP and overhead modules.
The overhead has EPB backlight panels, full working gauges, starterswitches with lock function and comes with Honeywell type of locking lever switches.
The MIP is out new version with the ICS 2 electronic system. It comes with monitors and EPB backlight panels( fully dimmable)
Can you send me some more details about your requirements so I can send you a quotation?
Please note I am out of office until December 22th.
Thank you in advance,

Seems they have a new MIP

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate