Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 09:15:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
544 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 584
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 544
Total: 544

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Windows 7 Basic and FSX

Started by bussgarfield, March 04, 2016, 08:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bussgarfield

Hi all,
I have just finally upgraded my old operating system from Windows Vista 64bit to Windows 7 64bit.
Now every time that I start FSX, I get the following message popping up on the desk top.
'The color scheme has been changed to Windows 7 Basic. A running program isn't compatible with certain visual elements of Windows'
FSX starts ok and I can load my trusty PMDG NGX but the images are a little grainy. In fact the picture quality is less than with the old Vista set up.
Can any one shed any light on the situation and offer advice please
The guts of my computer were renewed last year and I have two Nvidia GeForce GT730 graphic cards of 4 gig memory each. Having done a clean install of Windows, I have now put FSX on a separate SSD drive.
Regards
Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

MCrevot

Hi Gary,

maybe in relation with the fact that, under W7, FSX disable the aero mode ?
You can re-enable it with the following cmd :

net stop uxsms
net start uxsms

Michel
my website : http://www.mya320sim.com
7700k, 4790k, 2600k, P3Dv4 and A320 FMGS, 3 views on 3 vdp with wideview, 180 deg screen

bussgarfield

Thanks Michel,
Trying not to appear too ignorant on such matters, I have tried to re-enable the aero mode but have to admit defeat and ask you where I can find the file/folder to change the script.
Sorry to be a nuisance.

Gary
Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

jackpilot

You are no nuisance Gary.... Still with XP, I take good note of all the bugs to come !  :D

Jack

Jack

MCrevot

Gary,

very simple :

in the search area (start button, left down), type
   cmd.exe   [return]

it brings up a black window ; in that window, type :
   net stop uxsms   [Return]
   net start uxsms   [Return]

That's all.

Michel
7700k, 4790k, 2600k, P3Dv4 and A320 FMGS, 3 views on 3 vdp with wideview, 180 deg screen

jackpilot

Quote from: MCrevot on March 07, 2016, 06:48:17 AM
Gary,

very simple :

in the search area (start button, left down), type
   cmd.exe   [return]

it brings up a black window ; in that window, type :
   net stop uxsms   [Return]
   net start uxsms   [Return]

That's all.

Michel

I think it is in the "run" (executer )not search area ?

Jack

MCrevot

Jack,
in french, it is the "Rechercher les programmes et fichiers" area ! (Windows 7, it is a very new OS ...  ;)).
Michel

bussgarfield

Thanks Jack, it is the 'run' facility.

Michel, it has not made a difference, I keep getting the same windows message regarding reverting to Windows basic.

Jack, there is a lot to be said for keeping to a system that is working ok for you. If it aint broke, don't fix it. I was however experiencing problems and decided to take the plunge with Windows 7. I am beginning to regret that route. I have just finished programming all my buttons and switches etc through FSUIPC -again. The saved FSUIPC folder containing all my settings did not work!!

I will just have to live with the message that keeps popping up but my graphics are not as good as they were on vista. more delving to do i fear.

One other big problem for me is that my TripleHead2Go now fails to work too despite the latest drivers for Windows 7 64bit. Reduced to one screen. I am waiting to hear back from Matrox on that one - unless anyone else can shed some light on it.

Cheers guys
Gary
Gary Buss

MCrevot

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate