Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 04:44:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
727 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 748
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 727
Total: 727

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Is there any interest in 'Virtual Ride-Alongs'?

Started by RayS, June 27, 2016, 01:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayS

Inspired by none other than Mr. Bob Reed, I've taken to streaming my own sim build/flights.

On my feed, I have mixed several sources (Ambient sound, engines, Intercom (Me)  and ATC.)

As several folks have watched these streams I thought "Wouldn't it be cool if the audience could also talk to the pilot(s) in real time?"

I think it can be done by using a web-based Teamspeak service... (Being careful of course to make sure any feedback doesn't reach epic proportions as to accidentally nuke the fine city of Seattle... or worse..)

Thoughts?
Ray Sotkiewicz

Bob Reed

iwik

RayS

After initial cabling and testing (Thanks, James!) no one lost their hearing so I think we might have a working configuration. Need to replace 1 cable with the correct type (Intercom doesn't like mono inputs on the REC IN jack)

I plan on a few fam flights this week so hopefully, I'll have some virtual passengers! I have a Teamspeak server set up with up to 6 client connections available. We'll see how it goes.

(The diagram below is probably the most documentation I've ever done on my sim...)
Ray Sotkiewicz

Bob Reed

I just wish we did not have this huge time thing to deal with. Oh well... I will be on some of them.

jr2mey

As I being one of those people who have watched your flights into KSEA, i think that would be way cool.  Based on what Bob and you both have done, it inspired me to get a HD webcam and set one up for my sim!

James

RayS

...maybe a Stream Forum is in order?

Bob/Trevor? :-)
Ray Sotkiewicz

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate