Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 01:52:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
512 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 570
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 512
Total: 512

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

787 TQ Box

Started by jackpilot, February 19, 2010, 02:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superhornet_maker

They look Great, youve given me a good idea by using metal on your build :)

jackpilot

Little update. While waiting for Gwyn's Flap gate to arrive , I finished the power levers and put the tabs which will hold the lightplates. Seeing the end of the tunnel!

PS:edited this Friday at 17H00:  GOT THE GATE!! Super Job from Gwyn! A rather complicated shape as my TQ is anything but standard. Perfect fit.

Jack

shaneb

Really nice Jack, that must give you a very satisfactory feeling when sitting back and looking at it!
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

jackpilot

The best part is moving it...those clutches do a really great job.

Jack

Maurice

Looks absolutely fantastic Jack. You are rapidly setting a new standard in homebuilt TQs  :)

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

jackpilot

Thank you for your appreciation Guys, this is the best payment anyone can have for countless hours of ...fun actually!

Jack

DarrylH

Stunning work Jack!!!

Darryl

jackpilot

thank you...would trade it anytime for a vertical dive with a howling prop...
see what I mean! ...memories!
Thanks again.

Jack

DarrylH

I know exactly what you mean!! But these days I tend to settle for "sim", every now and then I still cut loose for real, great work mate, looking forward to wacthing her "grow"

Darryl

jackpilot

Here we are, starting to "skin" the beast....

Jack

shaneb

Hey Jack,

It's coming together . . how long have you been working on the TQ?  It sure looks great!
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

jackpilot

Approx: 150H+
Cost of material : max $300
Labour: $7500+  at a mechanic rate of $50 an hour.

Jack

Aerosim Solutions

Very pro Jack - awesome stuff!
I bought enough 8mm aluminium plate to make the B777 flap gate for Ken's TQ, it only has 7 positions so I'll have to modify the CNC file that I did for yours a bit. I really like the look of the 8mm gate in your quad, great to see it fitted...

Gwyn

PS - I would suggest a small roller fitted to your flap lever rather than a fixed pin, I think it would operate a little bit smoother!
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

jackpilot

I was thinking the same...have not located one small enough though! any idea?

Jack

Aerosim Solutions

Quote from: jackpilot on March 28, 2010, 08:27:29 PM
I was thinking the same...have not located one small enough though! any idea?
Find a 5/16" stainless steel bolt or rod, and cut a roller from the shank where there is no thread. File each end flat and then drill 3/16" through it for an axle bolt. Cut a 3/16" thread in your flap lever with a lock nut on the outside. 5/16" will give you 0.07mm clearance in the flapgate slots. (Lots of lube and slow drill speed to drill stainless steel). This should work and it won't corrode, grease the roller when assembling it all!

Cheers, Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Kennair

Quote from: jackpilot on March 28, 2010, 06:15:06 AM
Here we are, starting to "skin" the beast....

Jack, looking at this quad come together I have to tell you it causes bodily reactions that I don't care to share with all.  Although tons of work and unimaginable hourly labor costs, the satisfaction as the face goes on must be priceless?  I can see why Gwyn does what he does.  Even though it may be for others to enjoy it's fantastic to see your children slowly born.

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

Boeing Skunk Works

Great looking work Jack. I love the all metal construction.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

ivar hestnes

That has to be the best homebuilt throttle ever. It is really a great piece of work. Really amazing photos Jack.
A pity that the cover also hides some of your nice work. You should covered it in clear acrylic  ;)

Good stuff Jack  :)

Trevor Hale

I am still just amazed at the quality of stuff we builders can create without the use of big heavy machinery and expensive tools. 

Great job Jack.
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

jackpilot

At what cost!!!!
mean :wrinkled hands, no sleep, getting slowly insane with MSD (Maurice Syndrome Disorder), trying to get approval from peers (done), worring about interfacing the flaps,  etc etc...fiouhhh.

Jack

EAL727Capt

Quote from: Kennair on March 28, 2010, 09:34:27 PM
Jack, looking at this quad come together I have to tell you it causes bodily reactions that I don't care to share with all.
Ken.

DITTO.     :cheers:

Outstanding work, Jack.  I'm awe-struck.

Jay
KTPA
Keep the pointy end up and forward.........

Aerosim Solutions

Quote from: jackpilot on April 01, 2010, 05:34:32 PM
worring about interfacing the flaps,  etc etc...fiouhhh.

Jack,
I'll send you two sets of 3:1 ratio gears for your pots, my donation to this project!!!

Gwyn
Aerosim Solutions

jackpilot

Thank you Sir..
But you already contributed Big Time by engineering the flaps gate!
Cheers.

Jack

jackpilot

Back to the soldering gun, the little tools, twizzers etc
Starting the interfacing . I use the FDS FC1 board, 8 axis, 32 buttons, which will come handy for the rudders and brakes as well as joystick buttons assignable functions.

Jack

jackpilot

The ugly primer...very smooth surface though!
The TQ is back to pieces !!

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate