Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 09:30:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
521 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 570
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 521
Total: 521

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

787 TQ Box

Started by jackpilot, February 19, 2010, 02:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

Getting close to finish...
Showing off Gwyn's Flap gate and Scott's middle section skin (I used the alu) .

Jack

shaneb

A piece of fine art!
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

XOrionFE

Wow Jack.  That really looks awesome.....your work that is!   A cover plate is nothing :-)

The work you did on the handles and all of the design like Shane said is truly a piece of art.    Did you have to repaint the cover to match or was it really that close?

I bet it will be a blast to start using!

Again, just fantastic.

Scott

Boeing Skunk Works

That really is art. Mein Gott mann, I don't think I've ever seen anything that good from a home shop. Ever, on any site. Puts mine to shame for sure.

Time for another throttle build!  ;D
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

jackpilot

Thx Guys.
One thing that I cannot send over the net is the feel of it.
The all metal construction really makes a difference, all levers move smooooth with neat "clunks" on the stops and there is absolutely no play or side movement.
Thank again for the comments. Makes all these hours worth.
Jack

Jack

Trevor Hale

Not that we all haven't said this before, but This has to be the best Home built throttle I have ever seen in my life.  Words just cannot describe what I think about when I see this.

Jack you really have outdone yourself here.

Great Stuff!

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Boeing Skunk Works

I think he outdid us all!
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

Steve A

I can only imagine how good that must feel, i have your proto levers and they feel like nothing else (compared to plastic toys) to me, multiply that with clutches and bearings and the little clicking detents and all the other work you have put in, like the speedbrake and flaps etc, its awesome and inspiring, and thats before you look down and see how absolutely stunning it looks. An Engineering master class and quality i can strive towards.

jackpilot

PS Mike:Dein TQ war schwieriger als meines zu bauen!! much simpler design for the 787
----------------
Could not resist  trying to place it where it belongs.
Still temporary but fits right in.
737 -1000!!   ;D ;D

Jack

ivar hestnes

Looks just amazing Jack!!

You will get the good feeling in your pit now :)

shaneb

Just looking at all the switches and knobs makes you want to flip and turn them!   Looks great Jack . .    :idiot:
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

jackpilot

My first "official " take off with it tonight....Whaoooo.   even the flaps lever is a joy to move..Either I'm getting senile or too young for my boots!!!
Sorry guys, I had to talk about it.
JP

Jack

Maurice

Quote from: jackpilot on April 22, 2010, 03:59:40 PM
..Either I'm getting senile or too young for my boots!!!

JP

Yep! Probably a combination of the two but keep the 'too young' part for sure...makes the senility less of a bother  ;D. Remember the days when firm boobs & bums were a bigger thrill than firm lever motion?  ;)

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Trevor Hale

Quote from: maurice on April 23, 2010, 05:36:40 AM
Remember the days when firm boobs & bums were a bigger thrill than firm lever motion?  ;)

I am still enjoying those days right now :)
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

Maurice

Quote from: Trevor Hale on April 23, 2010, 05:40:49 AM
Quote from: maurice on April 23, 2010, 05:36:40 AM
Remember the days when firm boobs & bums were a bigger thrill than firm lever motion?  ;)

I am still enjoying those days right now :)

I would too if I could find them & remember what to do with them  :'(

Mau
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

jackpilot

Fun Playing with it....I love the Phidget Sliders. both engines adjust nearly even, variance less than 1% if I move the levers together. You can see the breakout boards from the FDS FC1 joystick emulator. I use only 4 of the 8 axes available and 6 of the 32 buttons. I assigned the TQ two guarded switches to Pause and Slew as they have no purpose in the737,    fun fun fun..

Jack

Trevor Hale

Looks like so much fun..  I can only imagine how much fun it must be to use Jack.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

XOrionFE

I can see it now....sitting for hours watching engine guages while pushing the levers back and forth!  Haha....that would be me for sure.

What a fine piece of craftsmanship Jack.   

Scott

shaneb

Hey Jack,

Your TQ looks great . . I bet that is really nice having them  interfaced and watching them function!   :idiot:

ETomlin

Sorry if you already answered this or not, but was the engraving from CNC or laser?

thanks! Looks incredible.
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

jackpilot

FDS lightplates.... Laser I suppose.
JP

Jack

jackpilot

Reviving an old post !
As I am about to disassemble the MIP part to send it to a happy buyer and replace it with a FDS DSTD I feel an urge to take some pics. So much effort went into this.

The TQ I keep !!Still very happy with the beast, this picture to show that the design blends well with the 737.
(Better than the old clunker  :P  )

Jack

Flying_Fox

Oh, yes! It matches the happy buyer's MIP really well.  ;) However, I plan to get 737 TQ for the future MIP, when its time comes...
:D

Kennair

Yes I'm with you Jack, that TQ will go very well with your new FDS DSTD.  Damn good choice!

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate