Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:22:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
451 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 451
Total: 451

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

1/4 turn fasteners for OEM overhead

Started by Ethanoost, February 22, 2017, 04:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethanoost

Hi everyone.
I'm planning to install a real 737 overhead frame into a FDS shell. I'm looking for ideas to make use of the 1/4 turn fasteners already in the overhead frame. I have the overhead install kit from fds but they don't use 1/4 turn fasteners but just screws. I will need the corresponding receiving connector. I notice they can be bought of eBay or hardware sites. But there are so many types and sizes...
Has anybody done this before? Any tips will be appreciated.
Thanks
Ethan

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

XOrionFE

Those are called Dzus fasteners.  When you order your overhead panels from FDS just tell them you are using a real overhead frame and would like your panels to have Dzus fasteners installed.  They will charge extra (and not cheap) but well worth it. 

Easy

Ethanoost

Thanks but what I referring to is the fasteners that connects the frame to the shell. As seen in the pictures.

XOrionFE

Oh, I see.  Yes, those are camlocs and you need the appropriate sized camlock receptacle.   I have a real overhead panel and the FDS shell.   I bought a set of camloc receptacles for mine from Aircraft Spruce.  They worked like a charm.

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/categories/aircraft_parts/ap/menus/ha/fast_1camloc.html

Scott

jackpilot

Quote from: Ethanoost on February 22, 2017, 04:43:08 PM
.... I have the overhead install kit from fds but they don't use 1/4 turn fasteners but just screws.

I have FDS shell /overhead and it all came with those fasteners male/female. not screws

Jack

Ethanoost

Thanks guys.
I asked Steve at FDS and he said they discontinued using the real fasteners. Not sure why. Maybe price... thank you for the info.

Ethanoost

Scott, you don't perhaps remember which size camloc you bought?

XOrionFE

Aircraft Spruce Part # 04-03475

C-SPEC MS212-12N 2600 | 2700 RECEPTACLES

Ethanoost

Thank you very much.

Ethanoost

Quote from: XOrionFE on February 24, 2017, 07:56:05 AM
Aircraft Spruce Part # 04-03475

C-SPEC MS212-12N 2600 | 2700 RECEPTACLES
Hi Scott
I ordered the parts as you described above. But they are too small. Are you sure that is the correct part number. There are others on their website. Maybe you sent me the wrong numbers.
Thanks. Ethan

XOrionFE

Well I originally ordered two different sizes and one size was too small and the other was correct.   I thought I had given you the correct one but apparently not.   I apologize.   These are the 2 types I ordered.

C-SPEC MS212-12N 2600/2700 RECPTACLE

214-16N CAMLOC 4002 RECEPT # 214-16N

So I guess it must have been the second  one  :-[

Ethanoost

Quote from: XOrionFE on March 15, 2017, 07:21:23 AM
Well I originally ordered two different sizes and one size was too small and the other was correct.   I thought I had given you the correct one but apparently not.   I apologize.   These are the 2 types I ordered.

C-SPEC MS212-12N 2600/2700 RECPTACLE

214-16N CAMLOC 4002 RECEPT # 214-16N

So I guess it must have been the second  one  :-[
Thanks

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate