Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 12:42:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
535 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 535
Total: 535

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

FMS Data and Charts and Maps

Started by Kumar Patel, March 13, 2017, 04:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kumar Patel

I am looking for services like jeppesen but for flight simulators.  I would like to have the most current data in Prepare3D for the CDU and approach charts and IFR maps.  So far I only came across www.navigraph.com which seems alright but would like to see what you guys use out there?  Is there a better product than Navigraph that provides the complete solution?

Thank you

navymustang

I use Navigraph for Prosim and other programs along with Navigraph on my cell phone for charts.
Highly recommend it. Use it professionally on all my customer sims.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

blueskydriver

Jack,

Go with Navigraph because not only will your CDU be using it, you can also use it with PFPX, Avilasoft Flight Bag (usually this is networked to an iPad like real pilots use), and other related flight bag type programs. Which avionics suite are using...ProSim737, Project Magenta or SimA...Navigraph works with all of them, plus other programs like weather add-ons.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Trevor Hale

I Subscribe to Navigraph also, it updates my Project Magenta (And various other Software) as well as I get full access to the charts.

Its the best way Jack.
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Bob Reed

I am another vote for Navigraph. It is great and supports almost all of the addon software out there for flightsim.

blueskydriver

Pretty much seems like Navigraph is the way to go based on the replies. There is another way to get the charts and flight plates, you can use www.airnav.com ; however, this will not give you the FMS/CDU data.

That again, is the reason why Navigraph started, but if you have the skills there is a way too do it. You have to pull files from the government site that Navigraph does, but there is the catch, the amount work involved where the folks at Navigraph have already perfected. Cheaper to just go with them in end, plus a lot of the programs mentioned by myself and others are setup to look up the file extensions of Navigraph, you just have to point the directions of the file locations (which is really easy).

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate