Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:45:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
448 Guests, 1 User
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 475
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 448
Total: 449

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

3d printer

Started by Coco737, June 03, 2017, 08:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coco737

Any one on a budget should seriously think about getting a 3d printer. The one I got was £130 and just when I printed the 737 tiller it had paid for itself.
Boeing style knob are €6 each plus delivery and tax there are around 25 or so on the overhead and mip so there is the cost of the printer just with the knobs :D

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

blueskydriver

Hi Colin,

Which 3D printer model did you purchase exactly? Also, are you willing to share your files? I got so much going on and really do want a 3D printer, but I just don't have time to do the actual design work yet...please let me know.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Coco737

Hi John, I have the Anet A8 from Gearbest .... http://www.gearbest.com/3d-printers-3d-printer-kits/pp_337314.html?wid=21

Yes I would share my files that's what the community is all about IMO. There is a site called Thingiverse where there are thousands of files to download. 

https://www.thingiverse.com

I also have the MIP and overhead in CNC format for sharing just ask.
In the picture is a panel I'm working on for GSX that fits in the Pedestal and the other picture is the tiller I designed and printed

blueskydriver

Hey Colin,

That sounds awesome! I love your thoughts on sharing with the community and it's your kind spirit that encourages others too keep going or get started with their own projects...thank you ????

I will look into your 3D printer and likely order the exact same one. Can you please post any pros and cons with this model, as well as any tidbits, shortcuts or suggestions you may have?

I'll checkout the thingiverse and in the mean time, I will PM you my email address. Please send the 3D files for the knobs and tiller, plus the CNC files for the MIP, Overhead and even the GSX panel (GSX as in the add-on ground services program right?). Are you using Mach 3 for the CNC and can I assume it's a router/spindle type, not laser?

Thank you so much for posting about this topic and please post many more times as you go further into your project. All the members here on the CB really love details and you'll be helping a lot...even old timers like myself.

Best Regards,

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Stinger2k2

Quote from: Coco737 on June 03, 2017, 08:50:40 AM
Any one on a budget should seriously think about getting a 3d printer. The one I got was £130 and just when I printed the 737 tiller it had paid for itself.
Boeing style knob are €6 each plus delivery and tax there are around 25 or so on the overhead and mip so there is the cost of the printer just with the knobs :D

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hi Colin,

Hows about getting a bit more money back on your printer by quoting me to print the files for my Phenom 300
throttle levers. I have the files ready and waiting ;-)

I actually bought the files from a chap in Brazil thinking that I was paying for them to
be printed too but alas all I got was the files. I have been trying to contact a local firm
to do the printing for me but they don't seem to be too forthcoming.

Let me know.

cheers
Stinger

Coco737

Throttle lever files are free on thingiverse.com
But if you email your files if they are different that is I'll try and print them as cheap as i can (basically the cost of the plastic and postage) but and this is just my opinion in would be better to print all the throttle knobs but do the levers on the cnc in 10mm Foam PVC (I can also do this for you)

Stinger2k2

Quote from: Coco737 on June 07, 2017, 01:10:21 AM
Throttle lever files are free on thingiverse.com
But if you email your files if they are different that is I'll try and print them as cheap as i can (basically the cost of the plastic and postage) but and this is just my opinion in would be better to print all the throttle knobs but do the levers on the cnc in 10mm Foam PVC (I can also do this for you)

Sorry I meant throttle knobs/handles. They are designed to fit onto the Saitek throttle quadrant levers, which I already have.

The files I have are for two throttle knobs, 1 flap handle (just the top) and 1 speedbrake handle.
If you have a look at the thread on this forum entitled "My adaptation for Saitek's real-scale Embraer Phenom 100 or 300! " you will see what I have the files for.

If you would kindly private message me your email address i will send the files for you to have a look at.

I'll be happy to pay all costs and a bit extra for your trouble.

cheers
Stinger

geneb

Here's another good resource for knobs, but you'll need to make your own shaft holes in them (grab the IGES files and edit to taste):

http://www.hempstick.org/The_Official_Hempstick_Site/Knobs,_Buttons,_and_Lights.html

g.
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007
http://www.f15sim.com - The only one of its kind.

Jabsher

I received my 3d printer a few weeks ago.  Still getting the hang of it.  Besides the obvious big 3d printer sharing sites does anyone have or know where I can get 747 files?  They seem to be hard to find.

Coco737

what is it in the 747 you are looking for

Jabsher

Quote from: Coco737 on June 12, 2017, 09:40:58 AM
what is it in the 747 you are looking for

A few things here and there.  The big items would be the tiller, CA & FO yoke.  Thinking about printing a mock circuit breaker panel, that would be a little difficult though. 

Coco737

This is a tiller I designed for the 737 not sure if 747 is different

Jabsher

Quote from: Coco737 on June 12, 2017, 11:36:15 AM
This is a tiller I designed for the 737 not sure if 747 is different

Thanks coco! I'll take a look!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate