Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:05:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
446 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 454
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 446
Total: 446

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737 Aft Overhead EEC Switches - Where do I get one?

Started by MistyBlue, December 08, 2017, 09:37:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MistyBlue

Hi guys, does anyone know where to get the guarded Engine EEC switches for the 737 AFT overhead?  Haven't seen them anywhere yet.

Thanks!
Tony

jackpilot

Try FDS they have it.

Or gut them out from:

[ebay]263350495404[/ebay]

[ebay]263373398568[/ebay]

Jack

MistyBlue

mickc

As Jack said, the FDS ones are pretty good and easy to fit, only thing is they dont come with guards, and the ON text is a light, not permanent text.

I have gutted the classic panel as Jack also suggested, which is the only real way to get the right switches without paying $1100 each.
A couple of "gotchas" with this method though:

1) These switches are prone to breaking if they are old, and sometime the body of the switch breaks away from the retaining lip on the front, making it impossible to remount.

2) The classics have the text "INOP" in the lower half of the switch, where the NG has "ALTN".  You can change it if you are OCD like me, I opened the switch head and removed the lower light block, measured it up, and had Ruscool make new ones with the correct text.

3)  The guards on the older panels go frosty and yellow over time and cant be cleaned up very well.    I had to go through 2 sets of switches and a couple of 757 panels to get enough bit to do the job

jackpilot

Jack

mickc

I stand corrected ????   I was told when I bought mine they weren't available. that is going back about 4 years though

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

jackpilot

Jack

navymustang

Your observer audio panel is radically different than what I have seen in other sims, including mine. Can you describe why its different.
Thanks
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

jackpilot

Real unit, brand new (ie: never used) that was idling on a shelve.
Looks real good (IMHO)  ;D
Jack

Jack

kurt-olsson

Get the OEM and interface it instead of the FDS panel! :)

MistyBlue

Problem is with real they require 28v right?  I know I'll probably eventually have to add 28v if I want to do anything real, but for now I'm sticking with the 12/5/3.3 voltages my existing PSU provides.

Talked to Peter over at FDS and he does sell them with the covers for a reasonable price and they'll work with my existing lower voltage setup so I'll probably go that route.

Thanks for all the input!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate