Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:12:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
127 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 127
Total: 127

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

What have you done for your simulator today?

Started by blueskydriver, January 14, 2018, 04:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskydriver

Hey Guys,

Just set it up last night and trying to figure out which way too go.... Did you know P3D has all the ATC Tower views and etc, like FSX Multiplayer has. Which is great because that's how I did it before.

Albeit, I haven't started the VATSIM training yet, but I'm planning on starting it soon. Need to figure out which software to use.

Right now it's only me, but I might have Karen in there with me...LOL!

Agreeably, it is a big area, but like Scott mentioned I also do music stuff as well. Got his Ableton Push 2 setup and it's a lot of fun. So, it's a multifunction desk area.   ;D

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Jason L

So what you are saying is we'll hear you making music on sky blue radio while we fly, AND you'll be giving us our vectors too.

:)

FredK

Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

sagrada737

Hey John,

You definitely look for challenging projects!  I admire anyone that can handle ATC responsibilities as a Controller.  Best wishes on that endeavor.

In addition, you are delving into making your own music with the Push 2.  Wow...  That is a complex machine!  You almost have to have a mental vision of what you want to compose -- not to mention being proficient a turning the knobs and pushing the buttons -- super complex!  But as they say, "It's easy when you know how.".

Best wishes with all of the above.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

AAnnillo

Way back when, I was a controller with VATSIM, working Cleveland Center.   My absolute favorite position was working CLE Tracon—-loved approach/departure.

Have fun with it.   Some great folks at VATSIM who were always willing to help.

bernard S

RayS

A few days ago I stole won an Avidyne EXP5000 moving map unit.

It has an RS232 input that is Garmin 430 compatible. It's a bit of a gamble but I'm going to try and get it working with the circuit I made to drive the Garmin MX20 moving map display.
Ray Sotkiewicz

bernard S

trader Joe's car park . Please BE WARNED! Over the last month I have become a victim of a clever 'Eastern European' scam whilst out shopping.

Simply dropping into trader Joe's supermarket for a bit of shopping turned out to be quite an experience. Don't be naive enough to think it couldn't happen to you or your friends! Here's how the scam works:

Two very good-looking 20-21 year-old girls of eastern European origin come over to your car as you are packing your shopping into the boot. They both start cleaning your windscreen, their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T- shirts. When you thank them and offer them a tip, they'll say 'No' and instead they ask you for a lift to another supermarket, in my case, HEB . You agree and they both get in the back seat.

On the way there, they start undressing, until both are completely naked. Then, when you pull over to remonstrate, one of them climbs over into the front seat and starts crawling all over your lap, kissing you, touching you intimately and thrusting herself against you, while the other one steals your wallet!

I had my wallet stolen on October 4th, 9th,10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, 24th and 29th. Also on November 1st, 4th, 6th, 9th and 10th and twice yesterday.So please warn all the older men you know to be on the lookout for this scam.

The best times seem to be just before lunch and about 4:30 in the afternoon.

P.S. Aldi have cheap wallets on sale for £1.99 each but Lidl wallets are £1.75 and look better!!

Trevor Hale

Quote from: bernard S on April 25, 2022, 03:35:14 PMtrader Joe's car park . Please BE WARNED! Over the last month I have become a victim of a clever 'Eastern European' scam whilst out shopping.

Simply dropping into trader Joe's supermarket for a bit of shopping turned out to be quite an experience. Don't be naive enough to think it couldn't happen to you or your friends! Here's how the scam works:

Two very good-looking 20-21 year-old girls of eastern European origin come over to your car as you are packing your shopping into the boot. They both start cleaning your windscreen, their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T- shirts. When you thank them and offer them a tip, they'll say 'No' and instead they ask you for a lift to another supermarket, in my case, HEB . You agree and they both get in the back seat.

On the way there, they start undressing, until both are completely naked. Then, when you pull over to remonstrate, one of them climbs over into the front seat and starts crawling all over your lap, kissing you, touching you intimately and thrusting herself against you, while the other one steals your wallet!

I had my wallet stolen on October 4th, 9th,10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, 24th and 29th. Also on November 1st, 4th, 6th, 9th and 10th and twice yesterday.So please warn all the older men you know to be on the lookout for this scam.

The best times seem to be just before lunch and about 4:30 in the afternoon.

P.S. Aldi have cheap wallets on sale for £1.99 each but Lidl wallets are £1.75 and look better!!
LMFAO.  This is funny stuff Bernard LOL
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

bernard S

yeah bud   ya needed a good laugh   and thats tame for me lolol

Jason L

Had some minor surgery done so couldn't sit at my workstation to do wiring, so since I was stuck on the couch, started from scratch on my PC's and have my main and avionics PC's updated to Windows 11, updated my avionics PC to a newer computer, and started to get my third PC setup that will run the IOS, Weather, and other misc apps.

Jason L

That sinking feeling you get when you realize that while you were very careful to back most everything up, you forgot to backup your config file from prosim......UGH.

bernard S

blueskydriver

| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

RayS

More work on interfacing an Avidyne EX5000C MFD to X-Plane. So far, Heading, Lat/Lon, Groundspeed, Flight Track and Magnetic deviation are all working.

Still trying to figure out Altitude.

Also loaded it with new NAVData from Jeppesen. (Without bricking it!)

Sure wish Bob was still with us as he was keenly interested in this project and wanted one for his Beech.

Ray Sotkiewicz

bernard S

forgot pic all paint removed 20220427_141830.jpg

RayS

My god man... to live in your world! :-)
Ray Sotkiewicz

bernard S

blueskydriver

Keep going and you'll be flying it soon!  ;D

John

jackpilot

Working on a totally unnecessary panel :D

Jack

bernard S

what is it with you lot..seriously..I built a 74 sim and it is fully functional using all real with collimated displays and I dont even get an atta boy !!!! on completion how many here have completed sims ? but you lot  all get jucied up over a switch .then I get a full sized plane complete with engines to turn into a sim and again you all fail to show me the the love...  Do I want well done thats cool  etc etc oh hell yeah I do    thats the reason why I post and secretly I think others would welcome an atta boy not just me .. so I think not not only me but others would share more if you gave our efforts some love as for me ..if you fail to show me the love   I am taking my ball and I am going home and I will throw a hissy fit

ame

Quote from: bernard S on May 05, 2022, 05:16:07 AMwhat is it with you lot..seriously..I built a 74 sim and it is fully functional using all real with collimated displays and I dont even get an atta boy !!!! on completion how many here have completed sims ? but you lot  all get jucied up over a switch .then I get a full sized plane complete with engines to turn into a sim and again you all fail to show me the the love...  Do I want well done thats cool  etc etc oh hell yeah I do    thats the reason why I post and secretly I think others would welcome an atta boy not just me .. so I think not not only me but others would share more if you gave our efforts some love as for me ..if you fail to show me the love   I am taking my ball and I am going home and I will throw a hissy fit

That's cool, etc., etc..

FredK

Quote from: bernard S on May 05, 2022, 05:16:07 AMwhat is it with you lot..seriously..I built a 74 sim and it is fully functional using all real with collimated displays and I dont even get an atta boy !!!! on completion how many here have completed sims ? but you lot  all get jucied up over a switch .then I get a full sized plane complete with engines to turn into a sim and again you all fail to show me the the love...  Do I want well done thats cool  etc etc oh hell yeah I do    thats the reason why I post and secretly I think others would welcome an atta boy not just me .. so I think not not only me but others would share more if you gave our efforts some love as for me ..if you fail to show me the love   I am taking my ball and I am going home and I will throw a hissy fit

Hey Bernard....calm down....is it that time of the month or something?

I don't think there is anyone here who is not in awe of what you are doing. What you are doing is leading edge kind of stuff.  Super impressive for sure!  I love it!  We all love it!

But...from the beginning your project has had this shroud of mystery about it. There is a lot about it that we are all very curious to hear about. Much to share with us...For example...What avionics software will you be using? What is the plan to interface the hardware? How will the visuals work (could be a challenge with the view from the cockpit)? Is motion in the scope of things? And what about sound (perhaps via an oxygen mask)?  Is hybrid virtual reality in the mix of things? Etc, etc, etc.

Right now we are all just hanging here in sort of a deer-in-the-headlights daze with with our jaws dropped open, but once you get into these cockpitbuilding technical aspects I am sure the engagement and dialogue will flow.

I bow to you!

Keep posting please!

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Joe Lavery

Bernard, I'm a Brit and as Fred said most of us are in awe of what you've acheived. For us in the UK the space you have is unthinkable  Unless you have very deep pockets.

I've shown your latest project to many of my like minded friends who can't believe anyone would attempt such a mamouth task. But are nonetheless impressed and some even dare to dream.
So it may not be voiced that often but we all loook forward to your cryptic posts and wonder where you're going next with this  very slick jet?
And what happened to the Aircraft Carrier Island?

Joe.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

RayS

I think Bernard's comment was sort of tongue-in-cheek. (At least I hope it was...)Any one of us would absolutely LOVE a T-38 Talon or F-5 in our garage/Hangar/Warehouse... if only to make the neighbors insanely jealous.

Trust me, Bernard.. the sentiments are definitely there. :-) I'm hoping one day you might have an open house when we can pay our respects and drool in person.

While I enjoy tinkering with real avionics and try to make them work without first destroying them, you've taken the hobby to an astronomical level.

Understandably, most of us are at a loss for words. Don't mistake that as ambivalence... take it for what it truly is. Shock and awe. :-)

I'd cut off my neighbor's left nut to have the resources to do what you do!
Ray Sotkiewicz

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate