Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 11:13:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
543 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 698
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 543
Total: 543

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737 Overhead progress

Started by Themax, June 20, 2010, 05:03:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Themax

Hello,

after recieving my Opencockpits panels in December 2009, I finally started the structure of my overhead. Here is the current progress in images :

(right click and 'show image' for bigger size)

Next step is to fasten all the panels, put the switches into the panels, glue the annunciators, etc

Maxime. ;)

jackpilot

Very nice...exciting hey! seeing it taking shape.
You will end up, as we all did, holding it at arm length above your head and narrowing your field of view to it!!

It might be a good idea to dress up all panels with the hardware first, installing them on the frame next..you may find out some clearance problems, with the switches mainly, that can be adressed better before screwing in the panels.
Have fun
Jack

Jack

Themax

Hello,

that's the reason I just put the panels into it for the moment, I'm looking if all hardware fits ok and making small cuts in the wood where there's not enough place for e.g. the apu egt gauge. Once all fits ok I'll fasten the panels. ;)

Thanks,

Maxime.

XOrionFE

Looks fantastic Maxime!

Looking forward to seeing more of your progress.

Scott

Per Alm

Fantastic. Looking forward to see it come alive!

Regards / Per
Per Alm

bussgarfield

Hi Maxime,

You are at the same stage as me regarding the overhead. I have made the framework more or less the same as you. I have added holes (or should that be taken them out) within the frame to lighten it and more importantly allow adequate ventilation once the back lighting is in place. The cooling will be provided by computer fans mounted at the front to push the air through.
I have screwed all the Opencockpit panels in place to ensure that they not only fit but to keep the frame square. All the power panels have had the switches installed and the LED's connected. I found it easier to remove the panels to do this and install them once done.
I am awaiting the release of the 737NGX before I try to connect the switches through software so hopefully it wont be to long.
All my switches are in place and once my workshop is built and I have access to my lathe again, I will be turning extentions for the switches to make them more scale.

I keep promising myself to take some pics. Once done I will post them here.

Maxime, it is a great feeling to see things taking shape and even better once you connect the PSU and flick a few switches and see things starting to come alive. There is literally a light at the end of the tunnel albeit, for me,some way off.

Nice one. Keep us updated.

Gary
Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

Trevor Hale

Maxime,

You have done a great job so far..  Keep up the great work.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate