Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 06:10:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
559 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 559
Total: 559

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737 interior liners score!

Started by XOrionFE, July 07, 2010, 03:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

Hey guys,

Look what I scored today for my build.   I believe these came from a 737-300 but I havent had time to look through all of the backs to see if I can find any identifying numbers to locate the exact aircraft they came from.    I have been waiting for these for a while now and when the opportunity came up to get the set I jumped.    There are a few parts with some minor cracks but really nothing that a litte fiber glass patch from behind cant fix up in a jiffy.    The person who removed these from the aircraft really took their time in not damaging anything.   Really nice pieces.   They should really complete the inside of my shell build nicely.

Enjoy,
Scott

jackpilot

Jack

XOrionFE

APHS

I had them on my wish list with Nick and he came through.  It was a nice surprise for me today.  Not NG of course but I will give up a little purism for more realism and ambiance :-)

shaneb

Hey Scott,

Awesome!   I know that feeling when you finally get them . . I searched and searched for the Lear interior.   What I didn't know  (due to being a rookie builder) is that at that point in time there was only one known Lear 45 that had been salvaged and I was lucky enough to find it.  Really glad you got your hands on those . . looking forward to seeing them in your sim in the future.  Nick is a super guy!
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

ETomlin

Very awesome! So glad to see you get these. They will really help your project come a long way now. Thanks for your call and help. Im on my way now.
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

Boeing Skunk Works

Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

Efe

Great! How much did these set you back? I want to get the NG-style oxygen masks from Nick but they are a bit too much for my budget... waiting for the girlfriend to ask me what I want for our anniversary :P

XOrionFE

Quote from: Efe on July 08, 2010, 07:48:35 AM
Great! How much did these set you back? I want to get the NG-style oxygen masks from Nick but they are a bit too much for my budget... waiting for the girlfriend to ask me what I want for our anniversary :P

hehe....more than I want to think about but less than what they would cost aftermarket so I am really happy with the purchase.

I too will eventually need the masks to fill in the holes on the sides but that can come later and I will likely make on my cnc.   There is always Nihad's also...

dharrison

Steve,

Man this stuff is great, cannot wait to see it in person. So much for having to make it from wood!!!!! Need to get over there to get some building done. Maybe this weekend.

Don

XOrionFE

Cool,  come on over if you can get out Don.  I will have some cold ones in the fridge.  I also have Sim-A up and running in the office on the temporary Mip until the FDS mip comes in.  it is fantastic.

Regards,
Scott

jackpilot

Seems you are in for a great  Cockpit  Scott!
How is the shell going and please report on the Sim Avionics suite. !
Jack

Jack

XOrionFE

I will take some pictures and post tonight as well as starting a report on Sim-A.   So many things going on and starting to come together.   The hardest part of the build is I think awaiting parts but now that I have almost all of them I am hoping things start becoming funner and easier.

I would like to mention that for anyone considering a build I think that there is a couple key things to consider and follow (which I know everyone has heard before)....
1.   Decide your commitment and budget level and the budget should be based on what you expect to accomplish for a given time period (ie- Over 3 months I want to build the overhead and can afford $x during that time)
2.  Plan your building of any given component or area far enough in advance that you dont get frustrated waiting for parts to show up.....lots of patience required here.
3.  Based on your long term budget (and I stress long term) pick a vendor and stick with that vendor.    I chose FDS late in the game based on thinking I couldnt afford them but in the end realized I would have saved a lot of time, money, and aggravation had I standardized on them from the get go.
4.   Software is the heart of the system.    If you are going to build a plane without software support from a vendor then get ready for a lot of dissappointment and frustration.    I chose Sim-Avionics early on and have been extremely pleased with what is provided for my build and the ease of use.   I will report more on this soon.

Bob Reed

Quote from: XOrionFE on July 09, 2010, 06:31:08 AM
I will take some pictures and post tonight as well as starting a report on Sim-A.   So many things going on and starting to come together.   The hardest part of the build is I think awaiting parts but now that I have almost all of them I am hoping things start becoming funner and easier.

I would like to mention that for anyone considering a build I think that there is a couple key things to consider and follow (which I know everyone has heard before)....
1.   Decide your commitment and budget level and the budget should be based on what you expect to accomplish for a given time period (ie- Over 3 months I want to build the overhead and can afford $x during that time)
2.  Plan your building of any given component or area far enough in advance that you dont get frustrated waiting for parts to show up.....lots of patience required here.
3.  Based on your long term budget (and I stress long term) pick a vendor and stick with that vendor.    I chose FDS late in the game based on thinking I couldnt afford them but in the end realized I would have saved a lot of time, money, and aggravation had I standardized on them from the get go.
4.   Software is the heart of the system.    If you are going to build a plane without software support from a vendor then get ready for a lot of dissappointment and frustration.    I chose Sim-Avionics early on and have been extremely pleased with what is provided for my build and the ease of use.   I will report more on this soon.

I have to agree with Scott here! The waiting part will frustrate you faster then anything else you do in this hobby! Since I have no room for my 73 in my current home, I have decided to build a smaller AC. I have chosen the King Air B200. Because I am ready to go ( having built a 73 ) the waiting is killing me.  I have to keep telling myself you have only been at this a few days.... So plan accordingly! Great advice Scott!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate