Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 02:29:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
572 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 584
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 572
Total: 572

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Yoke back pressure

Started by Pegger, July 16, 2010, 05:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pegger

I am pondering the design of my tandem yoke system for my king air (some day :().
I thought of an idea to get a back pressure feel/auto centering function and wondered if anyone has ever seen or experimented with this idea.

I want to use a swinging pendulum weight positioned such that the fulcrum allows the yoke to push/pull with some normal weight near the neutral positions, but when attempting to really pull hard you will feel more weight on the "control surface" as the weight extends further from the free hanging center.
I have a feeling that this will result in a smoother pressure gradient, as opposed to springs which are so commonly employed for this purpose.
Life gives you a paycheck, and you say "Hey man! I worked harder than that!"

jackpilot

Jack

Pegger

Thank you very much for the link Jack. I am honestly envious of the wealth of knowledge you seem to have at your fingertips about so many different things. I bet your "favorites/bookmarks" list is something to behold!

I really like the electric/mechanical control loader idea. I'll have to research that some more for sure. What ever system I decide to go with though, I really want to make sure that the yoke doesn't have that distinct "connected-to-a-spring" feeling that is far to obvious on the out of the box yoke systems.

Cheers,

Mike
Life gives you a paycheck, and you say "Hey man! I worked harder than that!"

jackpilot

Quote from: Pegger on July 17, 2010, 07:24:06 PM
the wealth of knowledge about so many different things.

Hi Mike
This is what a small group of serious and active builders is all about... ;)   :D
JP

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate