Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:29:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
94 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 94
Total: 95

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Post Your Pit!!!! 1000 Member Show and Tell

Started by dharrison, August 30, 2011, 11:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Hale

Thats awesome Rodney, Bet you have a lot of time invested in her.  Great Pics.

Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Bob Reed

Boeing Skunk Works

This only exists in photos, memories, and a garage full of 727 parts. I hope to be flying again within 12 months. Not finished, but at least flying.

Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

Trevor Hale

OMG Mike, whats the deal, you had to take her apart?
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

Bob Reed

Trevor Hale

OH BOY!  lol Well hope you get her back up soon.
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

Boeing Skunk Works

Yeah, me too Trevor. At least this time it'll be a dual seater and a full shell. No chimney to get in the way here.

shaneb

Hey Mike . . . good to see you again!  Looking forward to seeing your new build!
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

Trevor Hale

Ohhh  Mike thats great news.  Good for you.  Good to see you back also.
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

jackpilot

All good news , Mike.
Will U use a real shell or?
JP

Jack

blueskydriver

Sneak Peeking...
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Boeing Skunk Works

I don't know. I'm just kicking the idea of a real shell around right now. I'd rather build one like Ivar did. I still have some information about that somewhere. I also remember very clearly how I built the last 727 partial shell.

I really wish Peter still offered the shell kit made from wood instead of that aluminum model. It looked much more like a real aircraft structure.

I'll probably end up building it out of wood just because it's cheap and easy to work with. There is also the fact that interior panels are getting scarce for the 727 and I would be building most of the supporting structure that would be right under the plastic skin I would use as I did on my other 727. The aluminum shell kit doesn't take that into consideration and there are no supporting elements for the different interior panels on the 727 except for the eyebrow window trim, and those aren't even the same between the 727 and the NG model.

ivar hestnes

Throwing in some shots of my sim here also. It is considered a nearly finished build, and the only thing left to do on this one is making the rudder pedal setup. Other than the rudder pedals, it will stay as it is. No more modifications will be done on this sim as it is in a very good working shape.
I am slowly collecting parts for a second simulator at the moment  ;) But I wont post anything on the second until the build is actually starting. Secret project at the moment  :D

My sim was initially based on Project Magenta, and my sim also works best with that software + the TSR addition. Very stable setup that fly well. When I started building my sim I was hoping to be able to finish a MIP, but it turned out to something special. Now it has a complete shell with interior, backwall with circuitbreakers, Ipeco seats, Large FOV visuals and various parts from many different vendors. Lot of homemade parts also.
Here the pictures.  :)

blueskydriver

Ivar,

Is that backwall and circuit breakers real or the made up versions from FDS (breakers) and the adhesive labels? If you combined these and built, how did you do it? Did you use plexi for the backers and build-out for structure support. If they're real, what did you have to do to build-out for them?

BSD
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

jackpilot

As fae as I remember, Ivar's are from a real set.
We are actually working on backers for the decals and FDS repros
Will post then
Jack

Jack

blueskydriver

Jack,

Thanks for the info; Ivar's does look real...

So, when you say "We" is that you and someone else or do you mean you and FDS?

Do you have any progress reports or photos yet? Would love to see them...

BSD

jackpilot

In due time... :D
Not tomorrow though!
Trust me, will look good!
JP

Jack

ivar hestnes

Yeah, my circuot breakers are real. Thanks to Jack notifying me to a Ebay auction :) They are non functional and just for making the immersion.Having the proper enclosuer of the sim with the correct stuff in there really make the difference. No need to fly the sim at all. Having a coffee inside it does it all ;)

Boeing Skunk Works

jackpilot

Jack

ivar hestnes

It might have been Michael for sure. I am getting old ;D

Jetcos

Steve Cos
Flightdeck Solutions, Newmarket Ontario,Canada
Special Projects and Technical Support

ivar hestnes

blueskydriver

Hey Ivar,

Would you mind getting your "old man" self up  ;D  :idiot: and taking a picture for us? Would like to see the space in between the cockpit door and the Ped. Is it 21-22 inches in between there and did go with the items on the inside like the coat closet, the jump seat (behind the capts seat) and the other side where there is an recessed opening?

Like in this attached picture you'll see the items in question...

Thank you and Best Regards,

BSD

ivar hestnes

I dont have access to my sim at the moment as I am abroad for a while. So I only have my old photos available. I will put them on my website in a while, but not sure if I have pictures of the details you need though. Regarding the drawings... I am pretty sure I used the measurements found on markuspilots website. My laptop is at repair so I cant confirm at the moment as I dont have access to all my 737 files  :'(

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate