Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 01:54:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
53 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 65
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 53
Total: 53

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

What have you done for your simulator today?

Started by blueskydriver, January 14, 2018, 04:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ame

Nice. I have built a simulated Davtron MB800 for the centre if you'd like.

blueskydriver

Glad to see all the updates.

My cockpit is in hyper sleep for now. Just had 3rd surgery 1 week ago and gotta heal at least 30days outta 120 before getting in the sim again.

However, I started looking at things I'm missing for it yet, so in research mode....

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

AAnnillo

Yesterday, I dusted off the cobwebs and dirt from my instruments which are just sitting on the shelf and begging for attention.
Way too much stuff happening in my life to do anything 'serious' with interfacing and instrument-gutting.

John...hope you're doing better and soon!  Stay strong.

Antny

ame

blueskydriver

Thanks Antny, really appreciate that  ;D

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

FredK

Quote from: blueskydriver on March 01, 2021, 08:42:30 AMGlad to see all the updates.

My cockpit is in hyper sleep for now. Just had 3rd surgery 1 week ago and gotta heal at least 30days outta 120 before getting in the sim again.

However, I started looking at things I'm missing for it yet, so in research mode....

John

Do get well John!

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

blueskydriver

Thank you Fred so very much, it means a lot too me...

John

Joe Lavery

It's good to see that you always stay so positive John, I hope you get well soon.

As we Brits say, "Keep your chin up."

Regards
Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

jackpilot

bb.jpg
Cheers John...Trim up !

Jack

blueskydriver

Hey Joe and Jack,

Thank you for the well wishes, they really do encourage me to keep going and stay positive. And, because all of you have been like family too me over these many years, your kind thoughtfulness means that much more....

Kind Regards,

John

RayS

Lots of work and lots of lessons learned.

Still working on programming the new Universal FMC to replace the older one.

Replaced 2 older computers with (relatively) newer ones from eBay

Replaced 4-position KVM switch with an 8-position

Lots of cable management...

Lessons learned:

1. Do Not let Windows "manage" the USB ports. Regardless of the computer, Windows will 'sleep' inactive USB ports. Some sim interfaces don't send/receive traffic unless 'something happens'. This was playing havoc with my Ruscool interfaces. I set the USB power Management to 'Disable' any power management.

2. USB cable quality matters... especially when the cable lengths are over 10 feet. Pay up for good-quality cables.

I've been having a lot of issues with USB dropouts. Problem solved with better cables and not allowing Windows to 'Save me power'.

Ray Sotkiewicz

RayS

COVID made me do it!

Although I'm still neck-deep in a hardware interface conversion, I had the wild idea to make the rear bulkhead look like the inside of a corporate charter.

Expect a Moving Map display on the left and a bi-fold door (Maybe even a coffee station) soon...
Ray Sotkiewicz

kurt-olsson

n4208t

Ditto.  Looks beautiful and 100% professional.  Nice work!
Steve

jackpilot

Go for the galley. I did it 2 years ago and enjoyed it ever since.

Jack

FredK

Quote from: RayS on April 14, 2021, 03:48:35 PMCOVID made me do it!

Although I'm still neck-deep in a hardware interface conversion, I had the wild idea to make the rear bulkhead look like the inside of a corporate charter.

Expect a Moving Map display on the left and a bi-fold door (Maybe even a coffee station) soon...

Ray....Trump's old 757 is speculated to never fly again and to be headed to the scrap pile. It has all sorts of gold-plated accessories that would nicely adorn your upscaling.  Keep close watch on Ebay.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

RayS

Quote from: FredK on April 15, 2021, 05:10:35 AM...Trump's old 757 is speculated to never fly again...

Fred K

I saw that actually. It would cost more than it's worth to get her airworthy again. One engine is missing and the other is in plastic. It's been sitting in inclimate weather for awhile which accelerated it's demise. (Should have stored it in an Arizona Boneyard)

Might be interesting to have a piece of that!
Ray Sotkiewicz

blueskydriver

Hey Ray, you're totally out doing yourself and making some awesome additions! Keep things going!

John

RayS

Thanks John! With so many projects it's easy to keep that ball rolling.

Here's the finished bulkhead. I have one more sweet item on the way and it's a beautiful plaque commemorating Delta Airlines Inaugural Service Atlanta-Fort Myers in 1979.

It'll fit perfectly right under that light on the right side.
Ray Sotkiewicz

navymustang

My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

RayS

Little bit of aviation history in the sim....
Ray Sotkiewicz

blueskydriver

fsaviator

I've managed to get mine flying.  Still struggling with a couple of things though.  I'll cover those in a separate thread

Don't mind the screen alignment - still working that.  You can also see my taped guideline as I tried some tricks with camera rotation to better align the view.

Video
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

blueskydriver

Hey Warren, check your link, I just get a Goggle 404 error....

John

fsaviator

Quote from: blueskydriver on May 23, 2021, 03:11:32 PMHey Warren, check your link, I just get a Goggle 404 error....

John
Damn.  I'm still struggling with a way to share these vids and pics.  I'll look into it
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate