Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:59:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
117 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 117
Total: 117

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Since this is the general off-topic area -

Started by kattz, May 15, 2020, 08:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kattz

IFF - ON
TFR RIDE - HARD
MASTER ARM - ON
DOGFIGHT SW - AIR TO GROUND

This is what I've learned this week - let's start with the positive:

I've met many wonderful people in this hobby, including one this week.  Hi, Jim!
A friend in this hobby can be a huge help - Thanks, John!
A few members have provided invaluable help - Thank you, Mick!
I made some forward progress on my sim this week thanks to Mick!
Some more NG OEM items arrived this week.  Thanks, Boy Bruin!

OK...

RANT MODE SW - ON

"Precision" brass tubing from Amazon is anything but precision.
"Oh yeah, it works" and then doesn't when it shows up.
"Hey, when are you going to give me a price for that NG RMI I asked you for when I was in the shop?"  "Oh, that's gone, we sold it..."  <expletive deleted>
85 lb 28VDC power supply packed in a crappy box and then looks like it suffered re-entry from the ISS when it shows up.  Thank YOU, eBay seller.
"Dude, where is my CAT III legend plate that you shipped from the UK a month ago?"
"Our products look and feel like the real thing" (737 stuff, not a pocket p***y) but actually don't...

RANT MODE SW - OFF
ECM - QUIET

blueskydriver

Hey Kevin,

Everything you say is so true and throughout the years many members have dealt with these same "bumps in the runway" so too speak.

Knowingly, I don't need to tell you this, but for all the new members who are coming onboard to the website. Take things with a grain of salt, if you hit a setback when purchasing items for your simulator, as you will hit them for sure from time to time.

Just remember to hang in there as one bad setback usually means three good jumps ahead for the better in this hobby.... ;D

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate