Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 12:14:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
56 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 64
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 56
Total: 56

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

FSX and SB4

Started by carlos hermida, May 14, 2012, 04:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlos hermida

Hi for all,

I can't sort one problem when I use the "PTT Transmit On / Off"  assigned to my yokes buttons or any other keyboard key in FSUIPC , to make able to talk with Squawkbox 4  that runs on another PC (Client one). I will explain below and maybe someone could help me with this because I really wasn't after a lot of days trying to solve it...

Here is the problem:

Pressing the PTT button to transmit to ATC online, from any of my yokes or any other key if I have assigned to this FSUIPC function (PTT Transmit ON/OFF), makes FSX to freeze for around the same time that I had transmited to VATSIM on line and MIC sometimes stays open until I change frequency. This makes ATC to tell me to check my mic button as it is open transmiting after I release the PTT button sometimes...I checked all buttons and they are ok, no shorts.
I made a test running only the  FSX PC without any other external addon program including SB4, to be sure that is not related to any of then or SB4 and when I press the PTT button it freezes too in the same way I have related. :(

Ah...No other control assigned in FSUIPC makes FSX to freeze like the PTT transmit ON/OFF.

.FSX SP2 Aceleration
.Windows 7 64bits Ultimate - full updated
.Gigabit switch network

Anyone had this strange problem and could help to sort this?

Thanks in advance,

Carlos Hermida

blueskydriver

Hi Carlos,

Not sure why you're having problems like this, but it could be you're using the wrong selection in FSUIPC. You should be using the Buttons + Switches Tab, assign the button on your yoke, and use PTT Transmit On (SB3,RW,AVC) in the "Control sent when button pressed". Then, you use PTT Transmit Off (SB3,RW,AVC) in the "Control sent when button released".

On the machine with SB4, you have to make sure you're connecting properly, by just using a keyboard command to verify SB4 is working normally before FSUIPC is taking into account. In other words, SB4 should work without FSX first. If it does, then there is another problem somewhere; I believe it has something to do with a command in FSUIPC to Wide FS. I think I did this command fix, but at the moment I cannot remember it. I'll look while you check your settings in FSUIPC as described above.

BSD
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

carlos hermida

Quote from: blueskydriver on May 14, 2012, 06:28:12 PM
Hi Carlos,

Not sure why you're having problems like this, but it could be you're using the wrong selection in FSUIPC. You should be using the Buttons + Switches Tab, assign the button on your yoke, and use PTT Transmit On (SB3,RW,AVC) in the "Control sent when button pressed". Then, you use PTT Transmit Off (SB3,RW,AVC) in the "Control sent when button released".

On the machine with SB4, you have to make sure you're connecting properly, by just using a keyboard command to verify SB4 is working normally before FSUIPC is taking into account. In other words, SB4 should work without FSX first. If it does, then there is another problem somewhere; I believe it has something to do with a command in FSUIPC to Wide FS. I think I did this command fix, but at the moment I cannot remember it. I'll look while you check your settings in FSUIPC as described above.

BSD

Hi,

All are set and checked as you described, for sure is something with FSUIPC and WIDEFS making this strange "delay" after release of the mic button.
   Today I will try to asign a "F12" keysend from FSX for SB4 PTT and I will see if it works like the programed "PTT Transmit On" without this issue.

I will post the results...

carlos hermida

SOLVED  :D

In case of anyone have this problem or will have it in the future, my solution was to asign a keysend like "F12" inside WIDEFS and SB4. Now works perfect without any freeze of FSX while transmiting on VATSIM... more online flight tests to come when posible, but looks like it is solved. In my case it was related to the FSUIPC "PTT transmit ON" and "PTT Transmit OFF" options.

Below is a link with a good guide to program this "F12" keysend in widefs. It will work with Squawkbox, Teamspeak and others I suppose...

http://www.hippouk.karoo.net/IVAOPTT.pdf

Regards,

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate