Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:44:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
135 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 135
Total: 135

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

VIDEOS - X-Plane 10 on 5 LED 60" TVs - 225 degree view - Innsbruck

Started by XOrionFE, February 06, 2013, 06:34:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

Yes normally Monday through Friday I am pretty busy with work during the day.  That said, if you could only visit during a weekday I can work it out if I know in advance.  I dictate my own hours but if I have customer appointments I have to juggle them around which can be tough.

Scott

BimmerCop

Scott, quick question...

How high should the monitors be placed?

In my case, I am building a C172SP cockpit and I have 46" HDTVs... so my question would be... where on the screen should the top of my MIP be?

Thanks for any help...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

XOrionFE

Quote from: BimmerCop on March 09, 2013, 10:50:41 PM
Scott, quick question...

In my case, I am building a C172SP cockpit and I have 46" HDTVs... so my question would be... where on the screen should the top of my MIP be?

Thanks for any help...

I would place them however it works best when you are looking from inside so as to avoid seeing the top and bottom edges of the monitor.   The vertical fov and offset can be easily adjusted within x-plane later so that you get the correct horizon perspective to taste but probably most important for placement is just to have them close enough in and centered vertically in a way to avoide seeing the edges if possible.

Hope that helps,
Scott

BimmerCop

Quote from: XOrionFE on March 10, 2013, 03:56:38 AM
Quote from: BimmerCop on March 09, 2013, 10:50:41 PM
Scott, quick question...

Thanks for any help...

I would place them however it works best when you are looking from inside so as to avoid seeing the top and bottom edges of the monitor.   The vertical fov and offset can be easily adjusted within x-plane later so that you get the correct horizon perspective to taste but probably most important for placement is just to have them close enough in and centered vertically in a way to avoide seeing the edges if possible.

Hope that helps,
Scott

Gotcha, thanks Scott!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Trevor Hale

Wow!  Don't know how I missed this thread, but I think I just messed my pants!

5????  Are you freeking kidding me?  Awesome stuff!

Trev

Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

XOrionFE

Yep, 5.  And 5 seperate computers to run them.    I must be insane... :o

Scott

rhysb

One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

baudie

What an amazing setup Scott. Congratz! May I ask how wide is that room and also how long from back of cockpit to front screen.

You make people dream of similar setups, but I'm not sure my room is big enough. Thank you for showing the videos :-)

Best regards
Baudie

XOrionFE

Thank you Baudie.    Glad you like it.

My room is exactly 12 ft wide and from the front screen to the back side of my cockpit shell including my back wall is 8ft but you need a little room behind the front screen and also room for the computers.   My whole room in that area is 12 ft wide by 16ft long.

I hope that helps.

Scott

hirail22

Hi Scott,
Could I ask where you got your boeing decals at the rear of your sim from?

Steve

blueskydriver

Yes, ditto on the decals? I would like a set for the back of my sim...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

XOrionFE

I just picked some logos off the Internet, had them blown up to the size I wanted, and had a local vinyl shop cut them for me.   

Scott

cmdurney

Hello. Okay I've installed xplane 10.21 64bit / with latest xpuipc. Also installed x737... Love the quality of xplane!
I'm trying to use this with SA. Do I need to change any settings within x737 to disable system logic etc? I only ask because I can't start the engines...

Thanks  :)

Nat Crea

Chris,

Delete the X737 plugin in the x737 plugin folder and check the
"Xplane acceleration" box in the SimA Server

Nat

Nat Crea

Oh..and make sure you use the XPlane flight model in SimA too...

Nat

goof2092

All,

Using inspiration from Scott, I spent last week-end making mock-up for TV screens. I can confirm that if you have the FDS shell, the very minimum size needed is 60" otherwise the height if the screen is sufficient. I was not just sure so needed to test it.
See here: http://meditrak.me/zac/blog/

cheers

Anthony
mac bookpro, 4GB RAM, 2.4GHz Core i5, Mac OSX 10.6.8.
x-plane 10.25, sioc, uipcx, flywithLua, Teensyduino

sagrada737

Nice setup Anthony.  I enjoyed the photos on your Sim blog. 
Also, you are a lucky man to have such a helpful Crew  :) 

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

goof2092

Many thanks. Yours has been one of the fastest builds I have seen so far!!
The 70" inch LED TVs look great in your video. Any plans for 2 more to create wrap around?

Anthony.

sagrada737

Hello Anthony,

I keep plugging away at my Sim Project.  In total, the typical Sim setup belies the complexities of the various hardware and software interactions necessary for a smooth running (and reliable) simulator experience for one's HomeCockpit.  In some respects, it reminds me of flying a helicopter, where every physiological nut and bolt in your body is on high alert and needs to function correctly and in-concert with everything else in order for the flight to survive.  Truly...  It is amazing to me how well our Sims run to produce the immersion experience we desire.  The joy of a finely tuned simulator setup far outweigh the myriad hassles in getting to that point, where each and every flight is like crossing a finish line race - where sometimes, we are just glad that we made it through.

As far as adding more outside display screens to my Sim Project...  I think I will stick with the current setup for the next year or so.  The 70" LED monitors are truly hassle free, and do a great job of rendering the visuals no matter what the ambient lighting conditions.  So I will stay with 3 monitors for now.  I have been making some changes to the display properities in FSX with undocked views.  I'll post something on this today.

Best wishes on your project.  It is so nice that you allow your kids to "explore" your Sim.  Perhaps some day, they will aspire to become pilots, and realize the dream that you eluded to in your Blog.  Until that time, keep encouraging them and let them know you love them more than your Sim Project - then both will flourish.

Keep your airspeed up!

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

goof2092

Mike,
Just watched your video with docked visuals, what a treat!! I felt a little woozy would you believe!!

You are right, sometimes I selfishly wish one of them three daughters takes up flying. It would be very nice and hopefully the interest being shown now could grow. Most of the time though the 6 year old asks if I need a beer as I solder while the 10 year old wants to take off but cant reach the rudder pedals:- more reason I need to sort out the linked controls so I can steer for her at take off ;)

Please keep the updates flowing. Very inspiring stuff.

Anthony

markfire

Hi All,

I'm new in here and a buddy of Andrew737, i also know Rhys. Just thought i'd introduce myself as i'm currently building a 737 sim in my garage/ now cabin in garden. I currently run FSX and Xplane 10 using wideview on 5 x40" HD TV's connected to I7 server and 4 I5 clients. My A/C of choice at present is the Ifly 737 and having been on the dev team getting the Cockpit Builders Edition in shape i cant rate it more highly. Very simple setup regarding the MIP displays and CDU's and great performance. However, i'm looking at changing to ProSim as its really coming on and should be ok for both platforms (FSX, XP10)  Can anyone please advise on ProSim as the right choice or are Sim Avionics king?

Also a quick question for XOrionFE (Scott), whats the minium width i'd need to run three 60" TV's like yours?  I have 3m's both ways. 5x40" gives nice perspective but i think 3m wide might be too bigger angle?

Great posts on here Guys and thanks in advance for any comments regarding my queries.

Rhys, if you're in my neck of the woods any time soon, there's a coffee and sim time waiting : )

Also if any of you seasoned builders live in or around Essex, it would be nice to get in contact and exchange views etc.

Thanks for hearing me.

Mark

XOrionFE

Hello Mark and welcome.

First, I have Sim-A as well as Prosim and both are great.   Currently Prosim does not work with X-plane but I am sure it will eventually.   My suggestion is to try their trials and see what works better for you.   

As for the screens, for my setup with 60" screens my space is 3.6 meters wide.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,
Scott

markfire

Scott

Thanks for the quick reply. I've tried to get on with Xplane but there so much more to fix before it becomes a FSX beater, so i'm going to concentrate on FSX. Ive tried Prosim and its quite nice apart from all the modules you have to run.

I think i might get away with 3 x 60" screens. Have to have a measure up tomorrow.

Loving your sim and setup mate and thanks again for the reply.

regards

Mark

goof2092

Old thread here. Scott, have you seen this post in the x-plane cockpit builders forum? It's talking of running multiple views from a single x-plane instance. I believe you have this software. Any chance you can test it using you LED TVs?
http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/topic/70662-MultiView-plugin-system-for-X-Plane-9/10page__view__findpost__p__765701

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate