Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 09:26:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
54 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 99
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 54
Total: 54

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Mickey's Flightdeck - A Boeing 737-800 Cockpit on Youtube

Started by Extraterra, August 02, 2017, 11:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Extraterra

Finally the IRS panel is working. And the buttons of the keypad are mounted on my first homemade pcb.

Extraterra

As a preparation for the upcomming pedestal builds, I have constructed a dual rotary encoder.

blueskydriver

Hey Mickey,

Thanks for posting the updates! I will be downloading the new files as well.

To all members, if you're looking for 3D .STL files, CNC files and Laser Cutter/Engraver files of everything Mickey has done on his B737NG. Visit his website and join for a small fee too get all his files and plans. This even includes his shell, panels or anything else he has come up with.

Trust me when I say you would never get these files anywhere for such a great a price! I've been in this hobby as a builder for 15+ years and can attest that Mickey's work is very nice.

Kind Regards,

John

Note: not monetarily affiliated with his website or Mickey's Flight Deck channel beyond being a customer/follower. These are just my personal thoughts as such.  ;D
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Extraterra

It's done!
With the cabin pressure panel, the last segment has found its way to my homemade overhead panel.
Bacause I had to order five pcbs, I have four of them left over now. So if you are building an overhead after my plans you can buy one pcb for 8,- EUR + shipping.

Extraterra

A new chapter of my cockpit project begins - the pedestal.
With the experiences of the build of my overhead panel I decided to build a modified version of my pedestal.
This time with all the needed screws prepared, 3D printed dummy knobs and handle and a magnetic maintenace openig.

n4208t

Great video as always.  You are a real craftsman.

Extraterra

The first two panels for my pedestal are finished. I started with the Lights- and "Stab Trim & Flightdeck Door Panel". I also added all the blank plates to cover all the areas that won't be filled with panels.

Extraterra

Today, another segment has joined the existing panels in the pedestal. The Weather Radar Panel with its three potentiometers is ideal for explaining how internal variables in Mobiflight work.

Extraterra

The next panel of the pedestal is born. This time the navigation panel. And this time with a lot of things to learn about FSUIPC offsets and advanced configurations in MobiFlight.

Extraterra

Today you can watch the build process of my ADF panel. There will also be a deep demonstration of the configurations in MobiFlight.
Again you can order a set of two pcbs from me. These can be used if you are building your panels after my plans. A reworked version without the need of the two bridges will be available in september.
The price would be 8,- EUR with additional shipping.

Extraterra

Today I present you my version of the cargo fire panel. I think the designed buttons can also be interesting for other cockpit projects.

Extraterra

Today I present you my version of the transponder panel. A lot of components come together on a small space. But at the end everything fitted together.

n4208t

As always Mickey ... Love your videos.  Your precision and skill is always a joy to watch and be inspired by.

Steve

Extraterra

Finally the Rudder Trim Panel is finsihed.
Be prepared for an exciting journey through a challanging development process.

sagrada737

Hello Mickey,   

Congratulations on your progress!  You have a unique talent in designing and building these Modules.  Your latest Rudder Trim Panel is another example of your engineering expertise -- and most of all, your spirit of sharing with others what you have done -- all in a manner of communication that is clear and concise.  Nice work!

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Extraterra

This was a long design and testing journey, but finally the fire panel is finished. Especially the configuration comes with a lot of cool features. And the best of all: This concludes the build process of my pedestal. Now lets move on to the next section of the cockpit.

sagrada737

Hello Mickey,

Your innovation and expertise never cease to amaze me!  Congratulations on finishing up the Pedestal Modules.  Great accomplishment!

What project is next on the 737 Sim list?

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Extraterra

I will continue with the MIP. But don't tell it anyone. This will be a secret until the upcoming birthday live stream.

ame

I enjoyed watching the video, but I have to comment that I think you should have printed the pull handles horizontally on the bed. This would have realised three benefits:

1 The part would be stronger in the direction that force is applied
2 The model would have required less support material
3 The model would print faster (because of less support material)

I always think of the layer lines as weak spots and try to orient my model so that the layer lines are less likely to be stressed.

But, your final design works, and looks great. Thanks for posting.

sagrada737

Comment regarding 3D Printing print direction...

Your point is well taken, but this is highly dependent on the type of filament material being printed.  PLA Filament is more prone to weakness, depending on print direction/Layer Height.  I prefer to use PETG with a 0.6mm nozzle; it is non-toxic to print, can be printed fast, and its strength/durability is much like nylon.  PETG prints nicely at 250C Nozzle Temp @ 80C Bed Temp, with Layers fusing together nicely.

All the Best in 2023!
Mike

Extraterra

This is the beginning of something big! The first part of the MIP is finished and awaiting all th eother parts to come in.

Extraterra

The first panel section of the MIP is finished and working. Today lets have a look at the captains upper panel.

Extraterra

After a long build periode the first offiver's upper MIP panel is finally finished. This was also the first time I used a stepper motor in my cockpit.

Extraterra

After many weeks the center panel has finally found its way to the MIP panel. A dual needle flaps gauge and a fully working autobrake switch that has to be pulled to reach the maximum position.

ame

I haven't watched all of your videos, but I noticed that you are using resin printing for your button caps. What brand and colour are you using for the resin? Were there any issues painting and laser engraving them? Apologies if you already covered the details in another video.
Thanks.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate