Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 11:04:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
59 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,638
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 99
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 59
Total: 59

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

ButtKicker Setup - Problem

Started by FredK, April 15, 2022, 12:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FredK

I have 2 BK Mini LFE transducers (one in each of my seats) connected off of a Buttkicker BKA-130-C amp. The amp is connected to the RealTec audio resident on my PC via a split cable subwoofer lead. I am using a 5.1 setup.

All worked fine until recently. I think it was a WIN10 update that screwed things up. This arrangement requires a bass re-direct option to be set in the WIN10 sound module on the PC.....for example, "bass boost" or "bass management", etc. A simple tick box option.  The thing is that these options have disappeared in the Windows sound GUI for some unknown reason.  The setting options were duplicated in the Realtec GUI but have disappeared from there as well.

I tried adding a SoundBlaster AudigyRx card to replace Realtec, but the problem is the same.

Based on my internet search this appears to be a common issue, but there are no real suggestions on how to fix it....that is, how to get the bass redirect options back.

All drivers are up-to-date.

Has anyone else here experienced this?

I am thinking of going the route of connecting a 5.1 preamp via optical cable to the computer with the BK amp connected to it. Suggestions on what works best in that approach would be much appreciated.

I do have the computer backed-up, so I could always go back to when it was working (a week ago), but my fear is that Windows will only force another update. I may do that anyhow since it could be that something else got corrupted.

Thanks,
Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

navymustang

I drive my ButtKicker directly from the stereo output without using 5.1
I actually thought almost all sounds in P3D were just stereo (or mono) and not surround, so why go the 5.1 route?

I get great results without relying on a bass output.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

FredK

I am using Sim-Avionics which most definitely distributes 5.1 sounds. I have my speakers placed according to their recommendations (for the most part).

I did find an older Realtek driver that resolved the problem. I was not able to find a driver for the Sound Blaster card that works.

I am going to investigate using Voicemeeter to virtually distribute the audio source to two separate audio cards.  In that way I can customize the audio feed to the shakers completely separate from the speakers.

Is anyone here using Voicemeeter in that way?

Fred K

Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate