Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 01:07:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
544 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 544
Total: 544

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

World Flight Team USA?

Started by blueskydriver, September 04, 2012, 06:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskydriver

Hey Everyone...in the USA,

Here we are in September 2012 already and oh, how the time does fly...pun intended. Anyway, "World Flight" will be in November (as previous years) and there is one big question that I like to see the cockpit builders of the USA answer, is too come up with a "World Flight Team USA". Whoever listed themselves as the USA Team before did not fly in the last World Flight (2011), nor do I know if they flew in 2010. Their website was dead and in all the flight logs they were not listed anywhere.

I inquired to the World Flight Group (WFG) about joining the event and starting my own team. My sim is about 90% ready as it is, but it is not 100% accurate to the B737NG it represents. Additionally, I could do it, but there are no other would-be team members in my neck of the woods. Furthermore, I don't think I would have the room for to many people at once...

Therefore, is there anyone here in the US that feels their simulator could represent and be the host of World Flight Team USA? Or, at least a World Flight Team USA-Team 2, if the original team is still involved. Furthermore, are there any pilots (sim or real) who would want to travel to the location of that host and participate over the 7 day event (even if you could only make it or pilot the sim on just one day, it still would benefit the team)?

Finally, for the person who would host, they can select the charity to make the donations too. Here are the requirements for joining the WFG:

1. Have a full cockpit simulator
2. Be able to commit to participate for the full seven days of the WF2012 event.
3. Have a charity to donate to and evidence that you are approved to raise money for that charity.
4. Have a dedicated webpage or website that can be linked with the WFG website.
5. Have a VATSIM CID so that you can fly online.

The two most important things that would be needed are:

1. A letter or email from the charity being supported with the fundraising.
2. A guarantee that all monies raised will go directly to that charity and that no monies are retained for operational costs.

Please post here if you could host or be a pilot on the team?

Here is a YouTube link to the World Flight video for 2011:

Worldflight Tour 2011_Impressions

Jack, can you make or keep the youtube as an inset and not a link, as I don't know how that is done?

One last thing, it would be nice too see a World Flight Team Canada... There are enough builders in CA for sure.

John

| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Jetcos

I flew to the UK for a weekend visit to Ralph Watson's B737 in 2010 for WF and had a blast!  For 2011 FDS was going to have a sim at the shop but we were going to move so we held off. We moved in Dec into the new shop and started our B737 with plans to have it for this years WF. But...the "sales" department ended up selling the simulator so we are without a sim to fly this year. Hoping for next year and depending on my schedule may try and get to Ralph's again. I reserved my place, schedule will be my issue.

Hope to see a US and Canadian team for World Flight.

Great post John!
Steve Cos
Flightdeck Solutions, Newmarket Ontario,Canada
Special Projects and Technical Support

rhysb

Indeed good post, I was involved in world flight way back when it was just the Uk guys (different to the current uk team) and the Aussies, seen it grow for many a year now, there used to be a Canadian world flight team run by Tim in his A340 but that was many years ago now,

World flight is demanding though and you need a good core team! Last few years I have been visiting the lelystad show which always coincides with world flight but would be good to get involved again. Sean any spaces this year?
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

Trevor Hale

I was hoping FDS or Mau would have a team this year, but with mau's issues I doubt he would be up for it. It's still a hard job getting enough pilots lined up for the event. In any case I would host it if my plane was closer to being done but my beech 99 just isn't fast enough lol.

If not this year I will travel next year to join a team.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

XOrionFE

I tried last year but could not find enough pilots.   My sim is close to being ready again but not quite there yet.   I am thinking next year may be a better year for it.   I still am thinking of moving it out of my house but haven't decided on where yet.   So in short, won't happen this year out of Chicago.

I think the biggest issue for anyone thinking of doing this is pulling together a good team as John pointed out.   In the midwest I know we have at least 4 pilots and if we could get those along with perhaps Eric from GA, Shane, Rob in IN, and a couple folks from nearby Toronto, we would have enough.   But need strong commitment from each and lots of planning.   

Scott

Sean

Quote from: rhysb link=topic=2809.msg21715#msg21715Sean any spaces this year?

Are you talking to me?

rhysb

Sorry Sean wrong name used didn't mean yourself no.
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

jskibo

Would be up for this next year! 

Heck it would be great if Scott does it as I'll just rent something here and fly into KARR....
Less than 4 years to retirement......

Flyboyandre

I have a lot of airmiles to burn so I would be up for traveling to fly. I know I live in an awkward part of the country but I am pretty sure of the fact that my sim will be done for next year's event.

blueskydriver

Hey Folks,

I know November is a ways off yet, but I posted this thread last year to try and get something going for a "Team USA" or "Team USA/CA" for this year (2013)

Scott said he might be able too host it and I hope that is still the same because his is the best location thus far. Unless, someone else would be up for it? My sim is there, but lacks the ped being done correctly, so it would come up short in that regard.

I think if we're going to do this we really should start planning now, too include getting a website up, as well as joining World Flight Group. Additionally, if you could be a pilot on this team and are 100% sure please post in this thread. Besides, you'll have plenty of time to get an airline ticket/transportation to Scott's house if you do commit...assuming he still wants to host it?

Hopefully, we'll make this happen...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Bob Reed

I will donate the website space! I could not do the entire thing but would be up for a part in it!

jskibo

I'm up for it and can fly a segment or two.
Less than 4 years to retirement......

Trevor Hale

I know it is a bit presumptuous of me, but I may not be able to attend. I would be willing to sponsor some money for food/beverages if you guys put it in as "World flight team Cockpitbuilders" it's a great cause and even if I could be a little part of it as "your main sponsor" that would be fine with me.

Keep me posted as to your plans and I am sure it will be a blast
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Bob Reed

Well we could always just fly part of it too if it is going to be too hard to get a crew together for the full thing. And here is another idea, could we possibly do a Cockpitbuilders get together at the same time? I would really like to do another one of those this year as well.....

XOrionFE

I am more than willing to host but under the condition that my sim is no longer in my house by that time which I am working on.   It is back under many mods at the moment.     Other site that could be nice if he is willing could be SAMs in Florida :-)

Scott

Sam Llorca

You can count with my sim, having issues now with the avionics pc, but I'm hoping it will be ready in a couple of days :)

Bob Reed

Spent some time with Sam on the phone this morning. Looks like it is a go.... Will ge the dates posted in the next couple of hours. Looking for folks to fly. We will be in Florida with a FDS full motion sim. Who is in? Lots to do so if you have some free time and would like to help put this all together contact me.

blueskydriver

This is great news! Thank you Sam for offering your sim and Bob for getting things moving faster.

Now, we need pilots amongst other things, so anyone who can do this needs to make plans to join in; please post here for the current time. However, Bob and I will be speaking soon to figure out who handles what because even though we need pilots, we need staff to keep it running smooth. Therefore, if you prefer to be a Staff member, you need to post as well. Like Trevor who cannot make it, he has offered sponsorship; thus, you can do the same. Every little bit helps...

More to follow I'm sure...still, to have a "World Flight Team USA" is awesome because there are so many builders in the US, but we're not represented in the World Flight Group. There was a USA Team before, but they fell off the map a few years back; I didn't even know who it was.

John

ETomlin

Being that Florida is in my back yard I might can make it for a couple of days. Would love to help out and maybe fly too.
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

Bob Reed

Ya, what he said!!! Anyway if you are interested in helping or just making suggestions, please post in the thread I just started :
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=3389.msg26624;topicseen#new

And we are going to call it World Flight Cockpitbuilders Team. I know it seams like November is a long way off but there is a ton to do so we will have to hussel to be ready in time.

Bob Reed

Quote from: ETomlin on May 27, 2013, 07:33:51 AM
Being that Florida is in my back yard I might can make it for a couple of days. Would love to help out and maybe fly too.

We need all the pilots and help we can get Eric. Please see the new thread. Consider yourself invited!

Aerosim Solutions

Hi guys,
I am on the Perth Worldflight team flying the FDS 777 sim at FlightCity777. I will be Captain for Brunie to Singapore, Belgrade to Zurich and Chicago to Winnepeg.
I'm the F.O. for Male to Seychelles, Hamburg to London and San Jose to Manta. Hope to catch up with some of you on Vatsim in November. Our call sign will be "Flightcity142" on all legs.
Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate