Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:01:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
183 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 183
Total: 183

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

My new FO

Started by Boeing Skunk Works, February 01, 2013, 04:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boeing Skunk Works

This is Lisl. Officially, The Countess Lisl von Schlaf.

She will be 13 weeks on Sunday and I've had her since she was 7 weeks. She is from a working line German Sheperd pedigree. Her grandparents are from the Czech Republic and West Germany. My neighbor across the street is the K-9 officer here in town and he introduced me to his breeder. He has a patrol dog from the same sire, but a different dam than Lisl. His dog is all black which is a lot of East German working line.

This little countess keeps me plenty busy with her working drive, but on the positive side she is the easy GSD to train that I've ever had. She already knows and obeys sit, down, gimme a paw, let's go outside, who's out there, heel, stand, and roll over.

Now I have to work on 'stay'. She has a wonderful personality and is so affectionate as well as being rambunctious from time to time if we don't get out enough. She gets the 'zoomies' sometimes and that tells me we need to go out more. I'm on vacation this week, so hopefully be spending a lot of time with her when I'm not cutting or wood or screwing pieces of airframe together.

Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

fsaviator

The countess is awesome.  I raised a purebred German Shephard I got in Germany back in 1995.  He traveled the world with us, living in the US, Germany, Bahrain, Greece, passing away in my daughters arms at the young age of 12.  Still miss him.  They are the best dogs.  Protective of all kids, and their owners.
Back here in Germany now and still debating whether I get another one.
Thanks for sharing.
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

Garys

Gorgeous pup. German shepherd has always been my favorite breed ever since I was a kid.

Gary

Boeing Skunk Works

You should have quite a few different lines to choose from Warren. Working lines are typically Czech/WG/DDR, and show lines from primarily WG.

Hopefully they are cheaper over there than they are here. I could have rebuilt my entire sim for what I laid out for Lisl.

My last GSD, Ossie, died over six years ago. He was very young at only eight. He had congenital heart failure. That was one of the saddest days in my life. There were three other GSD's before him too.

kattz

From a cat person, she is absolutely beautiful.  My wife has MS, and we are looking for a ranch home in the country where my 5 yo daughter can have a dog, and GS would be our first pick.   I have to admit it, I have a cat that would give most dogs more than they could handle.  He's part domestic, part Ohio bobcat.  We found him crying and starving in the woods by a local farm. My wife works for a veterinary hospital, and he just blew their minds!  He's about 7 now, and 23 lbs, all muscle.  Paws about 3" diameter.  Very gentle animal, but he will let you know when it's time for breakfast. :o

You've a beautiful pup, I hope she gives many years of companionship.

Kev

Boeing Skunk Works

Thank you very much for saying so. Quite honestly, she has literally stopped traffic in the middle of a busy street to have drivers ask me questions about her while out walking.

She's a Daddy's Girl, but always has to be gently reminded who the alpha is.

She's scary smart too.

GSD's are a high-maintenance, high-energy breed and need a lot of caring, training, and love.

KyleH

Nice looking dog.

Not a shepherd, but my FO:

Co-pilot by m_disco, on Flickr

When I'm flying, she'll usually come sit at my feet looking for a scratch, then go curl-up on the FO seat.
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate