Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:52:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
152 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 165
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 152
Total: 152

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

FSX-how find the right parameters?

Started by AndyTyler, February 20, 2013, 11:56:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyTyler

Hy together!
I'm a total newbie in cockpit building.
And without having studied one or more of the right topics, it seems quite hard to me to start. Where? What? How?

What I wonder at this moment for example is: where do I find the relevant parameters of FSX-planes (gauges?) corresponding for example to the altitude-set-rotary-knob of the autopilot?

I mean, I can turn this knob in the 2-D and 3-D cockpit by using the mouse and mouse-button, but where do I find the corresponding parameters to connect this function to an external rotary knob via fsuipc for example?

Many switches and their corresponding keys are easy to find, as the "G" to work the gear, so I can easilly connect these functions to any "joystick" or whatever, but the settings for altitude, heading, etc.?

If someone understanding these things is in the mood to answer (ma first question of maybe many more to come), please do it in most easy words you can find to explain it.
I not a mechanical-engineer or computing-engineer, neither one in electrical topics.

All in all I'm not shure at all how far I can get in all this without any of those diplomas ....
But I'm motivated to start an willing to learn and work.

Thanx and have a nice day!

jskibo

Depends on what you're going to interface that knob or switch with and if you plan on using and systems software like Sim Avionics, ProSim or PM.

Simplest way is using an input card like phidgets or Bondar and setting the switch through FSUIPC.  Use the drop down menu on buttons and switches to pick the function.

Avionics packages and Interface IT boards have intuitive drop down menus to assign the switches within their software.
Less than 4 years to retirement......

AndyTyler

Thanx a lot!
I will start over with that. Guess it'll keep me buisy for a while.
Whenever I'll find myself in trouble I'll come here with concrete questions.
So long!
Greetings, Andy

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate