Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 06:33:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
564 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 584
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 564
Total: 564

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

World Flight Team 777, Perth Australia

Started by Kennair, May 27, 2013, 03:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kennair

Seeing as other world flight teams are being announced I thought I would also take the opportunity to announce the team representing Perth Western Australia.   For the first time the west coast of Australia is joining in WorldFlight 2013 through "Team 777" flying Flightcity's Boeing 777 full FDS cockpit based at Jandakot Airport in Perth.  We have a team of approximately 15 pilots of varying experience in both simulated and real world flying and currently undergoing extensive training in specific 777 systems and online ATC. 

Once again the Australian charity receiving the proceeds of the week long schedule is The Royal Flying Doctor Service, a very worthwhile organisation servicing the emergency health needs of our remote and rural community (of which there is quite a bit!). We will be adding to the approx. $160,000 already raised over the 12 years of World Flight through pilot donation, selling of jump seat positions and gold coin donations from the general public visiting the sim over the week.  We also plan to have a webcam in the cockpit allowing enthusiasts from around the world to follow our activities during each flight.

Lots of work to do to get to the final stage of flying but we've started early and on track for the November 4 departure.

Ken Brand
Director Flightcity Simulation Center Perth, Western Australia.

Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

Bob Reed

Your site is one of the ones I visited to get information from. We are not official yet as I have not heard back from World Flight. "Official" announcement to follow soon.... I hope! :)

Kennair

As we are approaching glideslope capture for Worldflight 2013 I thought I'd share some pix of our training nights that occur each Tuesday at the B777 Flightcity sim.  We've had the good fortune of having on board Gavin, who is an ex military and commercial pilot flying 737's and is now a training captain at one of the flight schools at Perth's Jandakot airport.  Gavin has taken us through procedures for holding patterns, interpreting Jeppesen charts, IFR and Clearance procedures amongst other things.  Combined with instruction from Flightcity's GM Richard hopefully we'll be in good shape come Nov 3.

We also have Kirk (seen in pic #5) who is one of our pilots and is also a certified Vatsim controller and helps us out with online ATC during our short hop flights on Tuesday's.

Ken.

Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

Maurice

Whenever my wife sees me reading flight manuals or looking at charts, she is horrified. How can you call that fun she asks? And I have to admit that sometimes I wonder as well. :)

But somehow, I keep going back to it even now that I no longer have a sim. I was planning a generic sim and just flying small and simple VFR trips but then PMDG released the triple seven and now I want to learn to fly it in my desktop with a virtual cockpit and I keep wondering why I can't get this obsession out of my head ::).

Perhaps I could liberate myself if I stopped watching all the PMDG 777 & 737 Youtube videos, but I just can't and these pictures are not helping, Ken.  This is hopeless and I seriously need an intervention  ;D

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

sagrada737

Hi Maurice,

It was interesting reading your post.  Passion is never out-of-style!  And your passion for Sims is clearly part of your soul.  One thing you can consider as a great accomplishment in your life is that you have "cleaned the garage" so to speak. 

Selling your long time 737 Sim Project has left you with a clean sheet of paper, which is the dread of many a man in this world.  Making this move was bold on your part, and speaks more to your strength than your weakness.  Freeing yourself to move on to other opportunities is a major milestone.  New windows of opportunity have opened for you, and that in itself is liberating beyond measure.   

It just may be, that your next opportunity is a 777 Sim Project that is done with the benefit of your past Sim experience and knowledge, which is extensive.  There is no doubt in my mind, that what you come up with will be exceptional.

Keep us posted on the great things to come from the ongoing passion for Sims that is inside you.

Take care partner, we are all cheering for you!

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Aerosim Solutions

The force is strong in this one!!! (Maurice) lol!! Have you seen the Aerosim 777 TQ? Ken bought the first one!!!
Worldflight training rocks!!

Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Maurice

Quote from: sagrada737 on September 12, 2013, 02:11:18 AM

There is no doubt in my mind, that what you come up with will be exceptional.

Mike

Far from it Mike, I aim to keep it extremely simple so that I don't get fed up with it again :)

Maurice

Maurice

Quote from: Aerosim Solutions on September 12, 2013, 02:48:49 PM
The force is strong in this one!!! (Maurice) lol!! Have you seen the Aerosim 777 TQ? Ken bought the first one!!!
Worldflight training rocks!!

Cheers Gwyn

No, but I have flown the 777 at FDS and told them I would take it off their hands if they need room in the shop, but they turned down my offer.  :( So now, I'll have to be happy with PMDG on a desktop. :)

Love to join you guys on the Worldflight if I manage to get the nerve to fly with Vatsim. Every time I listen to Vatsim ATC, I seldom understand more than a few words, especially in Europe. In Canada and the US, it seems the ATC coverage is extremely light in most areas, or at least at the times I tried.

Anyway, hope your heads don't explode with all that dry, boring, dreadful flight instruction  ;D

Maurice

Bob Reed

Maurice, during World Flight we should have coverage all the way. Where there is not ATC the Australian team has their own ATC that steps in. 

sagrada737

Good comment Maurice regarding understanding the various Controller "accents" within the VATSIM envrionment.  This no doubt will be a challenge for some - although I may be the only one that has difficulty with ATC communications  ;D

By the way Maurice...   Keeping your next Sim Project "simple" is a good goal, as there is a great deal of elegance in simplicity.   I'm looking forward to hearing about what you come up with.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Maurice

Quote from: Bob Reed on September 14, 2013, 07:18:11 AM
Maurice, during World Flight we should have coverage all the way. Where there is not ATC the Australian team has their own ATC that steps in.

Yes but the problem is I don't speak the Austrariginal language. For those not as educated about linguistic differences as I am, this is a mixture of English and various aboriginal dialects that can only be understood by local natives. It does sound eerily similar to English, but with enough differences to totally bemuse me.  ;D

Got to love them though :)

Maurice

Aerosim Solutions

Quote from: Maurice on September 14, 2013, 12:24:30 PM
Quote from: Bob Reed on September 14, 2013, 07:18:11 AM

Yes but the problem is I don't speak the Austrariginal language. For those not as educated about linguistic differences as I am, this is a mixture of English and various aboriginal dialects that can only be understood by local natives. It does sound eerily similar to English, but with enough differences to totally bemuse me.  ;D

Got to love them though :)

Maurice
Aww jeez Mo, ya should drop by mate, I'll grab a cupla slabs fer a barby. I'll get Ken over and we could kick back and av a chinwag about our lingo hey? Thez nuthin too it fair dinkum mate, once ya have dropped a few tubes we'll be singing some Barnsey round the fire in no time and kickin on with the gang. Maybe grab the sim, kick her in the guts and drop some demos under the coathanger or chuck a few laps somewhere!!!
We love ya back cobber!!!
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Maurice

Quote from: Aerosim Solutions on September 15, 2013, 02:41:19 PM
Quote from: Maurice on September 14, 2013, 12:24:30 PM

Aww jeez Mo, ya should drop by mate, I'll grab a cupla slabs fer a barby. I'll get Ken over and we could kick back and av a chinwag about our lingo hey? Thez nuthin too it fair dinkum mate, once ya have dropped a few tubes we'll be singing some Barnsey round the fire in no time and kickin on with the gang. Maybe grab the sim, kick her in the guts and drop some demos under the coathanger or chuck a few laps somewhere!!!
We love ya back cobber!!!

Lol !  I rest my case eh :)

I don't want to be responsible for a mid air collision because I zigged instead of zagged, so I'd better stay away  :o

Maurice

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate