Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:00:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
452 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 452
Total: 452

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Project ERJ

Started by PaulEMB, November 21, 2009, 03:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulEMB

Hi all,

Well after my visit to Lelystad, I finally managed to organize some time to start the restoration of EC-JNK. I think restoration is the correct word, as I´ve already had at least four rebuilds, and this time round its in a different location, less space, and a lot more complications.

My first challenge turned out to be more of a mental block than a real problem - over a year ago, some friends were over, and whilst we were having lunch, the two 8 & 12 year old boys decided to go for a flight - resulting in the dual yokes being broken, as they tried to turn in different directions at the same time!
After removing the roll axles, I was able to replace the broken roll pin that attaches the chain sprocket, and at the same time add larger diameter sprockets from and old bicycle.

That done, I began re assembing the airframe - floor, MIP stand and side stands.

I also made a start on restoring the FDS MIP, which I will rewire to take advantage of the new SYS cards, which are much simpler to wire - no more coloured wires and individual tagging, as the software detects button presses. I´m not sure whether to rewire everything, and the MIP buttons (speed seetings etc) are not functional in PM, but I can upgrade in the future if needed.

I have updated my website, added some valuable photos for any budding ERJ builder, kindly supplied by Dieter Jakob, of real life dimensions, and will add more info on the restoration as it proceeds.

Best regards,

Paul
www.erj145sim.net

Trevor Hale

Paul, that is great to hear.  I am glad your getting rolling again.  I know all of us run into frustrating things now and then, but once we restart the build it doesn't take long to get back into it.  I have a feeling that is the last time the 8 and 12 year old will get to ride in Grampa's Sim for a while :)

Anyway, Great news, and thanks for sharing it.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate