Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:50:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
466 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 475
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 466
Total: 466

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

My webpage

Started by ivar hestnes, November 28, 2009, 03:57:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivar hestnes

I have been working on a webpage for a while. Now it is published. Still lots of things to fill in there, but will do some work now and then. Not the easiest task to make a webpage about the simulator, Since I have been building on it for three years now.

Will be updated now and then.

:)

http://www.ivarhestnes.com/

Trevor Hale

Nice Ivar,

Fantastic Job as usual.  I love the pictures on your front page, and the Media is incredible.  I am sure it took a lot of time to put all that together.  Many people are going to benefit from your hard work.

Thanks for posting this.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Bob Reed

Yes he has worked and fought long and hard on this web project BUT it is paying off huge! Looks great Ivar.. Nice job!

arwinpoon

Wow, a sim and now a webpage!!. Great website mate!!

ivar hestnes

I am glad you like the page. Big thanks to Trevor and Bob, which have helped me with some struggles.

The page will be updated. But not so fun to make articles about things done long time ago, lol. Will do it anyway.

nihad

Great site Ivar looks great  :) your sim deff. needed a dedicated webpage.

Nihad

XOrionFE

Speechless...

Thank you Ivar for putting this together.  It is in my favorites now and love the site.   Great job on your video also.   These are the things that keep me going! 

G-BVOB

Ivar,

Very nicely done, what a great site; it has been added to my bookmarks!

Thanks
Jon

Boeing Skunk Works

Great site Ivar. Very well organized and not a mish-mash of jumbled links.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

carlos hermida

Nice site Ivar, your sim really needed one site to show your excelent work !

ivar hestnes

Thank you very much guys. I am very glad that you like the page. I am still very busy with writing articles and updating the page. Many elements will be added shortly.

If there is anything that you are missing on the page, please notify me, and I will do what I can  :)

And specially if you have a link to your own webpage, I would be happy to put it in my links listing.

xxilim

I see we have a few things in common ivar!

Joomla works a treat doesn't it and I see you've got a talent with Inventor too.

But my site is down and i'm stuck to drawing sheds at work haha :( which i'm supposed to be doing right now :P
Craig

FSX PC

i7 980x Stock Clock | EVGA X58 Classified 3 | Corsair 6GB DDR3 Tripple kit | 2x AMD5970's in Xfire | OCZ 240GB IBIS SSD! | 2x WD 1TB Black HDD | Corsair H-50 CPU cooler | Lian-Li PC-50 RSE Case | Corsair AX-1200W

ivar hestnes

Yeah, I like Joomla very much. Took some time to learn and get used to it, but going much better now :) Still lots to learn, but at least I can publish some stuff now.

I am not so talented with inventor really ;) Slowly learning there also.

Guess I am a typical simbuilder. We have to learn some of everything ;D
You using Inventor at work?

xxilim

Makes a really proffessional site with ease, I love it.
I'll have to get mine back online I think!

I got to say that seat is a piece of art work. And to be self tought it's a really good effort!

Yeah im using it at a metal workshop, just sketching up shop drawings.
Gets a bit boring drawing the same stuff though lol :P

Craig

FSX PC

i7 980x Stock Clock | EVGA X58 Classified 3 | Corsair 6GB DDR3 Tripple kit | 2x AMD5970's in Xfire | OCZ 240GB IBIS SSD! | 2x WD 1TB Black HDD | Corsair H-50 CPU cooler | Lian-Li PC-50 RSE Case | Corsair AX-1200W

ivar hestnes

Still a t of work to do on the seat. Long time project I guess. It has been a sleeping project for two months now, lol. Motivation will come back soon enough.

Bet you want to design some sim-parts instead of the regular things at work ;D

Bob Reed

Just tried to connect and it says can not connect to the database..... You going to fix?

ian@737ng.co.uk

and i have to add my bit.    if there is one guy i take my hat off to, it's Ivar.   
was on the site yesterday and i'll be going back this week to see if there are any ideas i can borrow.

good luck with your site Ivar and keep up the great work........

with respect and regards ..... ian
FS9 - PMDG/Prosim737 - Pokeys - Lots of BU0836X and a BEER FRIDGE :D

ivar hestnes

Quote from: Bob Reed on November 29, 2009, 08:50:06 AM
Just tried to connect and it says can not connect to the database..... You going to fix?

There was some issues with the site yesterday, and I have repaired the database. Please let me know if there is any more or other issues. I have noticed that the page is slow sometimes. I think it is because of the currency converter. I like that feature, but will remove if it makes the page slow.

Thank you for your comments Ian :)
Much appreciated from a talented and helpsome man like you.

Some of the content I have written is a little "rough" with more pictures than words. But will update when I think there is something to add. Hopefully the article title will show in green when I have been there and edited anything.

Trevor Hale

Slow...  Slow... LOL  If I am not mistaken it runs faster then this site does LOL.  I am hoping when we do the server hardware upgrade that helps a bunch..

Ivar, rough or not..  The information you have on that site is top notch and we can all benefit from anything you offer.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

Bob Reed

Quote from: Trevor Hale on November 30, 2009, 12:53:16 AM
Slow...  Slow... LOL  If I am not mistaken it runs faster then this site does LOL.  I am hoping when we do the server hardware upgrade that helps a bunch..

Ivar, rough or not..  The information you have on that site is top notch and we can all benefit from anything you offer.

Trev

This should be soon. Going add a NAS and a much faster server. We will see if it helps. I have my doughts.

Trevor Hale

Thanks for being Mr. positive there Bob LOL
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

NAX228

Looks great Ivar.
But what host have you chosen? It's sooo slow. Hope you sort that out.
Or is it just me?
-------------------
1 step forward, 2 steps back...

Bob Reed

Quote from: Bob Reed on November 30, 2009, 01:17:46 AM
Quote from: Trevor Hale on November 30, 2009, 12:53:16 AM

Trev

This should be soon. Going add a NAS and a much faster server. We will see if it helps. I have my doughts.

Glad I could be there for ya Trevor! Remeber, I am the guy who has Christmas lights for the first time in his yard... Bah....Humbug.......

NAX228

Today I could browse the images without any problems.
Gr8 work! It sure is inspiration for me. Got a domain lying in the corner collecting dust.
Keep it up!
-------------------
1 step forward, 2 steps back...

ivar hestnes

The site was also very slow at a point today. So I had to repair and optimize the database again. But now it is OK again. I am trying to figure out what is causing the issue, but no success yet, lol.

Glad you like the webpage :)

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate