Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 04:43:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
463 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 506
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 463
Total: 463

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Buttkicker

Started by G-BVOB, November 28, 2009, 07:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-BVOB

Apologies if I've not searched the forum properly, but whilst there's a fair bit of discussion about visuals and projectiors I can't find anything about Buttkickers or other similar shaker (sounds better than the alternative I was going to use  ;) ) units. Is anyone using them in their cockpits? I'm considering units under each seat and maybe one also under the throttle quadrant to get feedback through your arm particularly on the takeoff roll. If anyone's got any experience or comments I'd love to hear them.

Cheers
Jon

warvet

Hey jon,
Yes as a matter of fact I have used them and for me they worked amazin, it was almost as if it had a motion system in my sim, especially on landing turbulence etc. I highly recommend them. i used these
http://www.thebuttkicker.com/berkline.htm but only used 2 Buttkickers and that was plenty.Abit $$ though be advised. I think I paid all said and done about $1500 something in that area.  good Luck
Tim
"Want Some,Get Some, Bad Enough Take Some!:D "

G-BVOB

Thanks for the feedback Tim, I'm intrigued how much vibration they output. Also what type of aircraft are you flying , are there particular phases of flight (or on the ground I guess) where the units are busier?

Cheers
Jon

warvet

Hi Jon,
Sorry abit busy here so haven't answered till now. I fly A340 when I fly and you feel it most upon landing and and turbulence primarily. The feeling on a hard landing is enough to almost lift your butt up offf the seat. So it definitely gives you a very realistic effect.Hope it helps
Tim
"Want Some,Get Some, Bad Enough Take Some!:D "

HarryZ

Jon,

I have a buttkicker in my FDS 737 cockpit.  I originally had it attached to the van seat which I use but had problems finding
a proper connecting point that wouldn't come loose from the vibration. Finally installed a pipe into the floor and attached that
BT to that and it provides the vibration OK.

You certainly won't need more than two units for the entire flight deck. Their functionality depends a fair amount on the amount
of base sound that is generated by FS. It certainly adds a lot of realism to flying.

Harry
Harry
Flight Plus Software LTD
London, ON   Canada
airsim@flightplus.ca
Toll Free 1-866-662-0985

G-BVOB

Thanks Harry. I guess it's a case of getting one unit first and testing it to see how best to work it into the cockpit.

Tim appreciate your additional comments. With two such positive views I'll definitely give it a try.

Cheers
Jon

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate