Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:09:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
472 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 472
Total: 472

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Administrator Rights?

Started by Boeing Skunk Works, November 30, 2009, 11:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boeing Skunk Works

There's no OS forum so I thought I'd just put this in here for a question.

Why, in XP Home if I try to download a random file from the internet it says "access restricted" or "You must be logged on as an Administrator to perfom this function", etc., etc. It doesn't do this all the time and hasn't happened in awhile. It did it when I tried to install the 'Eye of IVAO'. (It's a program allowing you to see controller positions and flights. Similar to the old ServInfo.)

I AM logged on as an Administrator as the Owner Admin. In Safe Mode I'm able to download these type of files logged in as the 'real' admin.

This is what pisses me off about XP Home. There is not even an option to log on at the Welcome screen to log on as the 'real' administrator.

If it auto-logs me on as the Owner (administrator), why can't I perform the same functions as the Administrator account found in Safe Mode, and why isn't there an option to log-on as this at the Welcome screen?

GGGRRRRRRR!  >:( >:( >:(

Is there a registry hack or other setting I can use to be permanently, and always logged on as the 'real' administrator?

Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

Trevor Hale

Hey Mike,

At the Run menu Did you type

control userpasswords2

this allows you to select which user to configure to "Always log into the computer with"

and will also allow you to bypass the "User screen" If you like.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Boeing Skunk Works

What happens if I remove the 'User' member? I don't want to use passwords since I'm the only one who uses these systems.

If I remove the 'User' (admin) will it default to the 'real' administrator at boot?

Boeing Skunk Works

When I look at Administrator members under 'Groups', User is in there, but being logged on as this still doesn't grant unrestricted access to all fuctions all of the time. Mostly for installing random files or programs.

It says in the Administrator Group that those in this group have unrestricted access to the entire computer system, but that doesn't seem to be true.

Why does it do this?

Bob Reed

Untill we understand how your users are configured, I would not delete any users! You may find yourself locked out of your own computer. Never ran into this in home, but I only own one copy of that. Looking.

Boeing Skunk Works

I'll post more on this later. I'm heading out for Bratislava. There is a controller exam in just a bit.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate