Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:40:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
142 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 142
Total: 143

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

My Hangar

Started by tennyson, October 28, 2015, 08:55:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennyson

Oh yeah, thanx Jim.....now, where did I put my photoshop?

Frank

tennyson

Hey Guys and Gals.
I thought you might be interested in my latest project.

I've delved into the realms of 360 video. I bought 6 GoPro hero 4 Blacks (bit ticked off, as the Hero 5 has just been released) and Mick Cliffe, who is a regular contributor an all round great guy, helped me out by manufacturing the 360 spherical array from drawings downloaded from thingiverse.

I've taken a few vids and it's been a learning exercise, but took a small vid last week that I've been working on ever since and just cracked the secret of uploading today.

The software is awesome but the learning curve is vertical, so It takes some time and patience to get the old noggin around it all. Besides that, this stuff isn't cheap with 6 grand investment  in the hardware and another 1200 bucks in the software.

I'll be using it for general purpose stuff, but my main aim is to do full 360 flight sim video's in my cockpit.

And speaking of the cockpit, I've updated my projectors for some GT 1080's and I also purchased a new Gold version CFY throttle, which will supersede my RSP throttle, so no more playing around with SIOC.

So, it's all happening at my place....here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iRzgxSHi3U

Frank

mickc

Looks awesome Frank, well done!

blueskydriver

Hey Frank,

This thing of doing 360 degree camera views is amazingly crazy! With your link, I opened YouTube and it was showing the down looking view of the PED. So, at first, I didn't know you just use your finger on the YouTube player window to move around in the 360 sphere. Once I did that I saw your entire setup...

Then, while watching on my iPad, I just moved my iPad around and that changed the views as well...now that is cool! The iPad movement is the or works like a toggle/joystick controller to look around in the 360 sphere of the video!!!

Keep the videos coming,

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

blueskydriver

Hello Everyone,

Just checking in to let everyone know I am still here, just a little distant due to unforeseen circumstances... Please thank Trevor for all the things he does that most don't know about. In short, he is more than just a guy who hosts Cockpit Builders website...he is a great friend that cares about others.

Thank you Trevor!

John

Ps I plan to post some updated pics of the sim hangar, let's just say that it is a complete mess...in other words, I haven't went far since the last postings...lol!
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

jackpilot

Ps I plan to post some updated pics of the sim hangar, let's just say that it is a complete mess...in other words, I haven't went far since the last postings...lol!

Do not worry too much, I have a Gazebo to rebuild, a kitchen to repaint, a switch from FS9 to P/D, a girlfriend Swap to handle,

Never a dull moment

Conclusion: enjoy life right now!
:D

Jack

fsaviator

Damn Jack...  I thought I had it rough.
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

jackpilot

Jack

blueskydriver

Yes, I agree you do have it rough Jack, but I am just curious about "a girlfriend swap"? Did you mean FS9 to P3D as the girlfriend(s)...?

John

jackpilot

...and I had to shovel snow also, as we got a good foot of it real early this year. >:(
Not complaining, not complaining....its a great life and winter is a very good excuse for spending hours with the sim and other toys.... ::)

Jack

tennyson

I'm 11 legs into a USA tour.

Even though the title says Leg 16, it's actually 11...I'm a crappy counter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITVPIBXgwBg

jackpilot

Jack

fsaviator

Looking good, Frank!
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

tennyson

Thanx Guys.

I'm now about 15 or 16 legs into the US tour and finding more and more problems with add-on software.

It's so annoying when add-on software you are paying 40-50 dollars a scenery for, crap themselves on start-up or don't want to operate properly with the rest.

I guess it's hard to get so many complicated add-ons to work together, but surely they should do their homework and try their products with other well known brands on the market.

I have been very fussy about the sceneries I've bought, only high end manufacturers, but that has been no guarantee of their co-operation with each other.

So, far on this tour, of the 14 legs, I've probably bought at least 10 airports at 40 dollars each, so it hasn't been cheap.

The next problem that has arisen is the diminishing space on my drives.
I bought new 500GB Samsung SSD's a few months ago, as I was running out of room on the Samsung 250GB ssd's I had installed.

So, looks like 1tb ssd's are on the very imminent horizon, on all three IG's.
There's another 1500 bucks as well.

At this rate, it may have been cheaper to actually fly to the states and enjoy the reality of being there....hahaha!

Anyway, my latest leg had to be abandoned today when I couldn't get my main IG Pc to play the game.
It was from KELP El Paso to KDEN Denver Colorado.

I'm videoing most of my flights, so I'll put a few more up here as time goes by.

After the States tour, I'm doing some maintenance and upgrades (Intercoms x3 and seat modifications and audio upgrade), then I'm planning a European tour.

Frank

tennyson

Today's flight.
I keep getting the number of legs mixed up, but this one is definitely Leg 15.

My next leg is from Sky Harbour Phoenix to the new ORBX San Diego, so looking forward to that in the next few days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16At6IKZzyw&t=17s

Frank

tennyson

Leg 16 of my US Tour.

It's Part 1, number two is uploading, will put it up when it finishes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_DTk4CARQw

Frank

tennyson

tennyson

With the advent of the release of P3D V4, I am now looking to upgrade my visual PC's.

I'm looking at the i9 series of processors on the 2066 board (probably Asus ROG) and 64Gb of fast ram.
I've got some nice GTX1080's running already, so they will slot nicely in there, too.
As well, I've bought 3 x 2Tb Samsung SSD's to replace my 500Gb Samsung SSD's.

I'm only running 7700K's with GTX 1080's, 32Gb fast RAM and 2Tb Samsung SSD's in my outside two PC's, as they are just slaves and only do a portion of the work anyway.

V4 opens up a whole new cockpit sim world and I want to future-proof the sim now, when things are all fresh and new.

Frank

Frank

sagrada737

Thanks for all the nicely done videos of your various flight segments.   Well done.  It's always nice to see other Sims take to the air.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

tennyson

Hi Guys,
Just back to do an update as it's been quite a few months since I posted here.

I finished my US/Canada/Alaska tour a few months back and have been busy with house reno's and medical issues and all that boring life shit that gets in the way of good simming......

Anyway, the three IG PC's have all been upgraded with 2Tb Samsung SSD's and they are wonderful. I've spent a small fortune on updating all of my software to run with P3D V4 now.

I am still finishing off several hardware fixes in the cockpit and today, I installed my Ruscool Pilot, Co-Pilot and observer intercoms.
My audio system has had an upgrade and I'm now running a Behringer mixer in the audio system for intercom and general audio mixing.

I have also been spending a ton of time setting out and planning my next big tour. It's and Asia/Europe Extravaganza with a total of 46 legs.
Every Airport I am flying from has high quality payware airport and surrounds, which I have hand picked and tested to run flawlessly with the ORBX world.
I have spent 1900 bucks on payware software, I could almost have really flown for that sort of money, so there's a sizeable investment in this Tour.

I'm hoping to have all of my hardware updates and fixes done in the next few weeks as I'd like to kick off on the 1st October. I have so many people lining up to come and fly legs with me on this tour.

On my Us tour I had Nick from Elephant Air come up for a fly while he was her in Brisbane. I also had several friends come from overseas for flights as well.

I'm hoping that P3D V4 will be a whole lot less challenging, visually. As I said, I've flown a lot of the legs already testing all of the new software, on my test rig in the house. It looks great.

So, when I start getting closer, I'll put up some of the video's and info on the progress.

Catch you all soon,

Regards,

Frank

jackpilot

Hi Frank

Post often on V4...
Wide interest  :D

Jack

XOrionFE

Looking forward to this Frank.   Cant wait to see your results and experience some of your flights!

Best regards,
Scott

tennyson

Thank You, Guys, appreciate the feedback.

Plans are going so well, I've bought forward the tour to kick off on the 1st October, provided all of the maintenance is finished.

I am on the home leg of fitting the Ruscool triple intercom system. There was a lot of wiring to get all three configured and operating properly.

I am finished all of the planning stage for the tour. It has ended up being 46 legs and encompasses approx. 24,000 nautical miles in total.
I am still testing each and every scenery and airport in my test rig in the house to make sure it's all good to go.

I've had two issues already. I want to fly from Australia to Singapore, but the Imaginesim WSSS for V4 is still in production, so I took a punt and bought the V3 one and got it to work successfully in V4.
I also had VHHX (Kai Tak) from Fly Tampa and it was built into the tour, but being that it's shut down now, the CDU with it's current Navigraph cycle doesn't show it or any SID's or Stars for VHHX. Next problem is that VHHH from Taxi2Gate is only V3 as well, so even tho I got it to work in V4, it's very basic and a real let down, scenery wise. Unfortunately, it's an important stop, so I just have to live with it.

I am hoping that all of the other scenery and airports I've bought (over 1900 dollars in total) for the tour is up to scratch.
I have previewed a few airports in V4 in the cockpit with new REX Soft Clouds and Enhanced Weather pack...it's simply stunning.

So, fingers crossed that all the prep keeps heading in the right direction and I'll keep posting here and making my video's.

Frank

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate