Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 09:25:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
23 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 41
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 23
Total: 23

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Help with understanding the Conrad Slip Clutch

Started by kurt-olsson, April 09, 2016, 09:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurt-olsson

I bought two slip clutch from Conrad, but there was no documentation and i dont understand how i can tighten or softer the clutch. Here is a picture of my setup and clutch.

paulnd

Hi,

In your second photo of the clutch one its own,  the surface facing forward with the 2 holes can be turned cw to increase friction or ccw to decrease. I use needle nose or right angled circlip pliers to do this but it can be difficult to adjust when assembled.

Paul

PS the grub screws are short and very easy to loose!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

kurt-olsson

Thanks a million.

I suspected it was the two holes but didnt find any documentation for it.
Hm... I dont have any tool for this. Will try to use a circlip like you said.

Thanks again for info.

jackpilot

Has to be an Allen key
Do not mess with pliers or someting else
Ask Conrad about the size needed

Jack

kurt-olsson

This is a rather cheap and not high quality product. I could turn it by piler-tool very easily.
If this work i prob will upgrade to polyclutch in the future because of its quality and the feature of just turning a wheel by setting the adjustment. I dont like the 8mm shaft with polyclutches though, would be nice with 6mm as my motorshaft

Aerosim Solutions

Hi all,
I will put something together shortly on how the Aerosim Solution autothrottle clutches work. They are quite simple, cheap and should be easy enough for a home builder to reproduce. I don't offer my 737TQ as a product so I don't mind sharing it's design secrets! However, the engineering drawings will not be shared. I will get some pictures and write up some explanations to accompany them as a tutorial when I find some time!
Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

kurt-olsson

Tested the clutch yesterday and it works fine, i will evaluate once the throttles are connected but so far so good.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate