Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 07:23:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
531 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 546
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 531
Total: 531

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

B747-400 project

Started by Goodenough, December 30, 2016, 09:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goodenough

You speak from experience and wisdom. I thought many times what direction to proceed and how much work/money do I want to invest. You have given me much to think about. Going forward really needs to have a plan.
Send me an offer for the flap resolver thingy...by PM or email.
The MIP frame that you see is not OEM. I had this made to exact specifications of real OEM MIP frame...now sold. So you can understand when the two mated how happy I was....the measurements were bang on!
Here is a picture of the OEM MIP frame

Goodenough

bernard S

eer okay.. now you have two issues.. the qtr turn screws on the plates are not going to allow flush fit of your screens ..and your upper ecais will not not accept standarf lcd ..unless you already thought about this ????  i am not trying to rain on your parade  honest  ..but now i tell you how to fix it .. if your re engineered mip is identical to orginal   only the GPWS panel needs to be adjusted ..on p2 side and on p1 brk hyd  do you have these  panels  yet ?   temember both plates have hand pulls .this potential issue confirms that you need make choice about way fwd ...

Goodenough

Yes thought of that and also made some modifications to allow for the monitors to be set on the tray. The beauty of this is that I can go either way. All the holes match for the OEM and I made it so you can have all sim panels too.

bernard S

thats what i am saying as the qtr turn screws that come with plates they will not allow flush fitting

Goodenough

OK I think you must be referring to the Ground Prox panel and how it relates in being flush with the monitor screen....so here is a picture. I have not connected the push button switches yet as you can see.

bernard S

cool way cool and you did same for crt selects ..looks golden

Goodenough

Thanks....hey I'm sending you a pm
Check when you get the chance.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate