Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:25:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
163 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 179
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 163
Total: 163

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Lurker Coming out of hiding

Started by GyverX, March 13, 2018, 04:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GyverX

Hello all,

I have been a lurker around here for some time. I think way back in 2012 or 13, Back then I didnt have much of a computer and now that I have upgraded I have found it is time for me to fly again, and maybe even do some live stuff. I love creating stuff. Lots of hobbies but I love to fly. I come from FS2000, That was my first sim and the only reason I got it was to fly helicopters. When I started flying GA a whole new world opened up to me. Now I find myself in a position to start building a functional Cockpit And Is why I decided to finally sign up.

Thanks
GyverX

blueskydriver

Hello Jason,

Welcome to Cockpit Builders or welcome to the member side...lol  ;D Glad too see another GA builder join the fun. Likely, you know a lot more then most with your long status of following the site, so I won't point out things you already know.

Regarding your FS software and computer upgrade, what level will you be at now? Are you going for FSX or P3D, also have you looked at the add-on aircraft that will meet your computer's specs? If anything, I would say take your time and match everything so you can enjoy the flying aspects as much as building. A slow computer or mis-matched software can lower the fun really fast; however, there are many members here who are willing to help with everything and then some.

Just post, post, post like I do...uh, well I post a lot...lol!; although, that is how I learned so much, by posting and asking questions.

Again, welcome to the CB  :idiot:

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

GyverX

Quote from: blueskydriver on March 13, 2018, 05:32:23 PM
Hello Jason,

Welcome to Cockpit Builders or welcome to the member side...lol  ;D Glad too see another GA builder join the fun. Likely, you know a lot more then most with your long status of following the site, so I won't point out things you already know.

Regarding your FS software and computer upgrade, what level will you be at now? Are you going for FSX or P3D, also have you looked at the add-on aircraft that will meet your computer's specs? If anything, I would say take your time and match everything so you can enjoy the flying aspects as much as building. A slow computer or mis-matched software can lower the fun really fast; however, there are many members here who are willing to help with everything and then some.

Just post, post, post like I do...uh, well I post a lot...lol!; although, that is how I learned so much, by posting and asking questions.

Again, welcome to the CB  :idiot:

John
Well I just started a Build Thread. In that thread I go into talking about my new system. (Link in the Sig) I upgraded from an i3 2770 (Thats 2nd Gen) to a Ryzen7 1800x with an Asus Crosshair VI and other stuff. (Dont want to get into giving full specs right now) With this new system I find myself running close to full sliders in the 30's for FPS. No addons.

So, with the addons I have for FS, the ones I use a lot do not work with Windows 10. (Looking at you Flight1) I really like flying the Pilatus PC12 but the one from Flight1 will only work on Windows 7. (I do not know why this is but it has something to do with sound trust me. 5 days of reinstalling windows on an i3, I tried everything. In any case that killed me on doing any flying. Then I had to upgrade to Win 10 at home because of work. (Im the IT guy at a small firm). So I have to get to know the system before 2020 with M$ stops support for 7.

In any case, I am going for the challenge.. I am going to build my system for both FS and X-Plane. I want to get back into FSeconomy where I own a PC12 and a P3 orion. the PC12 will be flown on X-plane with Carendo and the P3 on FS. I will have to get the new camera thing that came out for FS about a year ago but thats down the road for now.

So with that being said I am forgoing most of the addons and plugins for now, just getting what I need to get going and focusing on getting real gauges and knobs for the cockpit. After that then I can look at new addons and what not :)

Thanks For reading

Jason L

Welcome to the forum!  Lots of good info and good people here willing to help.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate