Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:14:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
134 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 165
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 134
Total: 134

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

New guy intro and 727 cockpit for X-Plane project start

Started by 727s4ever!, September 17, 2018, 09:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

727s4ever!

Greetings from Arizona!  My name is Woody and I am new here at Cockpitbuilders!  I was referred to this site by Scott who has an awesome 737 cockpit!  Thanks Scott!

I am just beginning work on a B727 cockpit build with the aquisition of a 727-200 throttle quadrant and center pedestal.  It is really clean and complete and my plan is to get it interfaced with my computer for use in X-Plane and the FlyJSim 727 V3 first (which is amazing by the way) and then proceed on with the rest of the physical build.  I am using VR right now with the FJS 727 V3, ACE 737 full column yoke and 2 Saitek pro throttle quadrants equipped with FlightSimPM-UK 747-400 throttles (minus number 4, of course) and I have to say it really is the next best thing to having a pit.

I have built an F-16 pit for Falcon BMS a few years back, so I am not completely new to sim building, however a classic airliner cockpit is something else altogether!  I am sure there is new tech available for our hobby that I need to learn about too, so I am excited to find this site and get some insight from all you guys!  Thanks in advance!

A little more about me.  I am currently a Captain flying the A320 for a major U.S. airline.  I flew the 727 from the right seat for 7 seven years, and also was flight engineer on her for a year and a half.  She remains my favorite!  I flew the 737-300/500 from the right seat and left seat also, before I jumped over to the left seat of the Airbus.

Looking forward to this build and getting to know you guys!

Blue skies, smooth rides-

-Woody

Trevor Hale

Hi Woody,
Welcome to the group.  Good to have you here, and Awesome for ScottW Referring you.
Glad to have you here and good luck with your build.
Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

skyline223

Hey Woody! I about jumped out of my seat from reading the title to your thread! I am also building a 727 based on XPlane/FlyJSim. I'll be following your build closely! I'd say we need to get together and chat a bit about building the 727! Beautiful throttle, by the way!

-Will
The Boeing 727 Legacy Project
www.727simulator.com

jackpilot

Aviation is really an uncurable disease!
:D

Congrats Guys!

Jack

727s4ever!

Thanks guys!  Glad to be here!

@skyline223- Hey Will!  Scott W told me you were on here!  Glad to see another 727 fan!  We definitely need to talk sometime about our projects!  I see these cockpit cuts on ebay for $55,000 and up, and that would be cool, but just waaaaaayyyyy too much money!  Your CPT is cool!  I spent alot of time in one of those when I was going through 727 F/E training. :o

-Woody

KyleH

Quote from: 727s4ever! on September 17, 2018, 09:18:33 AM
A little more about me.  I am currently a Captain flying pushing the takeoff and land buttons on the A320 for a major U.S. airline.
-Woody
Fixed
;D ;D ;D

Sorry couldn't resist. Must be listing to Airline Pilot Guy podcast too much.

Welcome aboard Woody. Glad to see another non-737 in the group.
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

727s4ever!

@KyleH-. Why do you think I'm building a 727? 😁👍.  I will say I do hand fly the "bus" quite a bit.  The sidestick took about a second and a half to get used too.  Very nice way to fly!  Then I put on the auto pilot for the boring stuff!

-Woody

Flying_Fox

Welcome to the group Woody!

I agree, after Boeing7xx flying the "bus" is the walk in the park  ;D
I myself been in A320 sim first time a couple of weeks ago and took off/landed it from first try with one left hand.  :angel:
BTW, sidestick was real Airbus one.

Even my FO can fly it  :D

:2cw:

Nick

727s4ever!

Nice looking sim!  That's cool you were able to fly it!  The Airbus is a great aircraft.  I use X-Plane and the ToLiss A319 with Oculus VR to practice engine failures, and other emergency procedures.  It's nice to have a way to stay sharp on these procedures between simulator checks.  It's a lot better than chair flying.  I have the FF A320 ultimate too, but it does not play nice with VR.  It's a shame too, because it is the best A320 simulation out there right now.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate