Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:55:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
149 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 179
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 149
Total: 149

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Need help with Radio settings

Started by boris4356, October 15, 2009, 03:03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boris4356

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to set up my radio panel, and I am having some problems. I have read all the FSUIPC manuals and documents quite a few times, and I am making some headway, but I am stuck on the radio settings.

The radio style I want to use is in the attached pic. I cant figure out what FSUIPC settings to use for the top panel Com 1&2, Nav 1&2, and ADF buttons to select the appropriate one for tuning. I tried Com_Radio_Set, Com2_Radio_Set, Nav1_Radio_Set, and Nav2_Radio_Set, but nothing happens. Do I need additional parameters? I have found the proper settings for the Com and Nav tuner swap, and for the tuner knobs.

I have found that the settings for the middle panel Com 1 call and Com 2 call are Com 1 transmit select, and Com 2 transmit select, but I can't find what to use for the equivilent Nav Radio call settings. I have found the MKR, DME, and ADF settings.

Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Bill

jackpilot

Hi
maybe for the middle panel the nav buttons could be activated by an ident function ?
It is a curious panel anyway.
Will check later.

Jack

when acting as a wave

Hi Bill

Looking at the radio configuration program from the radio system that my father designed (and from talking to him about it for you), the offsets to use for swapping a tuned standby frequency to an active frequency for the NAV and COM radios is 3123. There are different 'bits' used in this offset for the various functions (e.g. 3123-2 is for NAV2  and 3123-3 is for COM1).

Similarly, the offset for the 'Radio Audio Switches' is 3122 and it uses different 'bits' for each function (e.g. 3122-6 is for COM1)

Here's a screenshot of what the buttons section of his radio configuration looks like.

I hope this helps you out.

Dean.

Ruscool Electronics Limited
Manufacturer of backlit panels and other parts
Ruscool Blog

boris4356

Thanks for the replies guys.

What I am trying to do, is to just have two tuning knobs for all radio functions using rotary encoders, and then select either Com 1, Com 2, Nav 1, Nav2 with separate switches for tuning the appropriate one. I am able to do this with the attached gauge in the original post, by clicking the mouse on the applicable button and then click on the tuning knob. FSUIPC has established settings to swap the COM and NAV Stby functions, so that is not a problem.

I am not sure if this really can be accomplished by using actual switches, or if I will end up having to go to two tuning knobs per radio function. I don't have enough slots left on my BU0836X card to have two knobs per function, or use dual rotary encoders.

Thanks,
Bill

jackpilot

Go Flight modules can do that.
Their software is incredibly versatile and easy to use.
Check their doc at Goflightinc.com

Jack

boris4356

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate