Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:45:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
147 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 148
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 147
Total: 147

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Linking twp PC's for MSFS

Started by FSAddon_boss, September 05, 2021, 01:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FSAddon_boss

So if I want to run certain parts for MSFS on a different PC (like RealimGear, or AirManager), how do I link those two?
I know about the old FSUIPC and WideFS, but I think that's a thing of the past now ?
Best regards,
Francois
retired

navymustang

AH - you see why most of us are still waiting for it to be simulator ready !

One of the techniques I want to explore is still using P3D v5 as my base simulation engine, then using MSFS2020 only for out the window graphics. Driving it from P3D via SimConnect.
However, I still can't do that since you can't have multiple camera views with MSFS2020 yet.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

FredK

Quote from: FSAddon_boss on September 05, 2021, 01:58:17 AMSo if I want to run certain parts for MSFS on a different PC (like RealimGear, or AirManager), how do I link those two?
I know about the old FSUIPC and WideFS, but I think that's a thing of the past now ?

As NavyMustang has pointed out theoretically you can do this if you are only using a single visual screen.

Check out WideView....www.wideview.it.

Using WideView you can run P3D on the "server" including any ancillary avionics or other apps that work with P3D off that computer. Your "client" computer then runs MSFS for your visual depiction only following positional and attitude data linked to the server. WideView employs simconnect for the link.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

FSAddon_boss

Okay, sounds like I need to wait for you experts to figure it out and test it, before I drown in my baby bath !!  ;D
Best regards,
Francois
retired

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate