Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 04:41:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
549 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 831
  • Online ever: 831
  • (Today at 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 549
Total: 549

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

New here, need advice

Started by houston144, September 03, 2010, 11:14:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

houston144

so far I like the site...but, really hard to deal with the format colors, just an observation.

Ok, so here is my project I want to build:

http://www.inventive.it/2assi/en/index1.htm

If anyone would like to give me some input in building the cradle (ie: DIY or pay $$@shop) and any I.D. of the motors that are described in the planes would be very helpful.

the body of it I will DIY myself using fiberglass, which I have some know how of, and as to my drawings I have made will be completely in-closed much like the current design but it will completely clam-shelled over the operators compartment.

if you want my "hard-luck-story" I will give it, but I have 100's of people to verify that I am disabled due some major medical issues and my escape from all of it is Flight sim.

if any one is in or around Rochester NY and want to lend a hand to an ex-vet, you be more than welcome.

Bob Reed

Hello Mark and welcome. I don;t have too many answers about your project but I do live in Holley! Not too far from ya.....

houston144

Well bob, hey, small world

I am trying to make contact with the guy at that website, but as you can tell there is allot lost in translation, if you have a line on a welding shop out your way that may understand those plains...let me know and I give them a ring.

this is a project that will be from the dirt up, and hopefully with some better English to go with it for others, I like it because it is small and quite.

Bob Reed

Hmm looks like you need a little more info but it looks plausible.. I will see who is still around...

houston144

well, that's the thing, for beginners the motors what exactly are they or what where they used for...

now if there could be a sub/replacement...what would be the best possible... looks as if both motors would need to run forward and reverse, I am thinking a wheelchair motor may fit the bill.

remember bill Cosby's and the Baby buggy's wheels.....now it gonna be handicap folks trying to figure out why their hover-round won't go...

houston144

I FOUND THE MOTORS!

Here is what "got lost in translation" when it came to describing the motors:

24 Volt Mini Transtecno ECO-100 w/ WM-26 series Gearbox, aka "Mini Gearbox for Aerials"
http://www.transtecno.com/en/applications/?page=2

So with this little tid bit of information I fired off an email to the company international sales department requesting price information including shipping and handling.

did a quick search on ebay,  for "Mini Gearbox" came back with only 300 rpms motors and no gearbox, the projects calls for 3,000 rpms.....

but the funny is, the project I think has it name all ready "lil-Pulpier" because these motor belong in a Juice extractor.

houston144

Ok, fired off emails to the website for the motion cockpit, and the markers of the motors, neither have replied. so back to square "2", I have the plains for the build (square 1) and I have somewhat the specs for the motor(s) it will need, so this looks like it will be a "adjustment" project as I go along.

going to shop for a shop to make just the base and cradle and I will go one from there, one problem I am having is trying to figure out the actual real in the hand size of the motors....

H

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate