Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 04:45:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
539 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 558
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 539
Total: 539

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Just another member!

Started by jordan_flyer, September 08, 2010, 04:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jordan_flyer

Well, im new here, i decided to join up here and see whats happening. Ive been a member over at mycockpit.org for a fair while now, and ive recently started building my simulator. well, its not bad, just a simple setup of 2 PC's, 1 running FS2004 etc and the other running Project Magenta's GAIFR software, linked over WideFS. Ive put these on i little 'table' with an MDF front to display the gauges as the would appear on a panel. Ive already began completely re-designing and got some prices for timber etc ready to start building a full enclosure. At a much later date, i want to make a G1000 sim, but i want to have a sim with 'steam' gauges aswell! Anyway, i will show you a little video of my 'pit so far!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D4WGUDL1LY

HD version
http://www.youtube.com/v/0D4WGUDL1LY?fs=1&hl=en_GB&hd=1

Sorry guys, im not 100% sure on how on embed video on this forum!

Thanks guys, im looking forward to settling in here!

Regards,

Jordan

Bob Reed

Hi Jordan nice to have you here. I have not watched your videos yet but I will when time permits in the next 24hrs. We like videos and pictures. Lots of guys here to help and be helped. EVERY builder brings something new to this site! Look forward to watching your project grow.

jackpilot

Hi Jordan

Welcome .
While browsing, found this on EBay....might be nice as an overlay.

[ebay]250682922360[/ebay]

JP

Jack

shaneb

Hi Jordan,

Welcome to the site . . took a look at your video and I really like the modification you made to your yoke (adjustment in and out) that is really cool.  Looking forward to seeing more of your progress. 
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

jordan_flyer

Hi guys, thanks for the kind words,  i really appreciate it. thats what i like about these communities, everyone never has anything bad to say! And Shane, thanks for that, i completely forgot about the pop out yoke :p

Also, thanks Jack, but i dont particularly want to plan my 'pit on one single bird, im quite the varied pilot! But i know i will want to be using the Beech Baron 58, ive found a new love for it!

Cheers,

Jordan

XOrionFE

This looks great Jordan!

A lot like my first pit (which there are some pictures of over on mc.org).    I used GAIFR for that one as well and loved it.    I still have a generic setup similiar to this setup with a seperate computer so I can fly various planes including the C172, Cessna Mustang, and even have the PMDG 737 installed in an FS9 instance on it.    It is great for practicing IFR on and really enjoyable at times to go back to some VFR flying with TrackIR.

Just fair warning.....I started with the GA pit and now have a full blown 737 in my basement after just 3 years in this hobby....(LOL).

Anyway, your setup looks great and welcome aboard.   Keep us posted on your progress.   Love the videos.

Scott

MLeavy737

Welcome Jordan.. looking good, and like they say.. thats how it all starts!!!

Mike Leavy
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

bgoodwin

Nice work. I'm building a similar project and was very interested in how you extended your Saitek Yoke. Would appreciate additional details on how you did this. .

Bob
bobgoodwin at gmail.com

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate