Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 03:59:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
458 Guests, 1 User
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 465
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 458
Total: 459

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Newbie Intro

Started by usafgadget, November 10, 2010, 11:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

usafgadget

Taking the right first step and introducing myself.  I'm Chris and hail from Moore, Oklahoma.  I'm a retired USAF aircrew (E-3 AWACS weapons controller) and long time flight simmer.  I've decided to make the plunge into a home cockpit ( of sorts), so I'm still getting my bearings.  I did get a visual on the learning curve as it past over my head so it's gone beyond vertical.

I am attempting something a bit out of the mainstream as far as full fledged sim-pits.  I want to design a set up that will allow me to fly more than one aircraft while maximizing the immersion factor.  So I've developed this initial build order:

- Supports at least one medium to long haul aircraft (jet of choice is Level D's 767) AND a regional /short field bird (I have the Flight 1 PC-12 and looking at PMDGs J41).

I'm not one to fly the same bird everywhere and sometimes you need a different ride.

- Keyboard/Mouse-less operating (other than the initial config).

I'll map / assign what I can using whatever works best.  Obviously I need to find the right plane models to do that with.  I have some GF modules, along with a newly purchased controller board from Leo Bodnar that I will using to connect the various switches.

I also know that not all switches, gauges and like are going to be a direct transfer between my different birds.  That's ok.  I'm come up with a plan.

- I'm building this in a size constrained area that will have to blend into existing furniture.

This will kill some of the realism but it not something I can avoid.  I'll have some desk level layout with my existing pedestal.

So I know I have some challenges ahead.  That's why I've joined this forum.  There seems to be no shortage of good advice around here.

Thanks for having me.
You can accelerate out of any problem.

727737Nut

Welcome to the nut house!   :P
737 Junkie

Boeing Skunk Works

Welcome aboard. That must have been something to fly aboard one of the older Boeings.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

carlos hermida

Welcome aboard and enjoy the forum !

jetpilot

Always ready to help. Welcome

XOrionFE

Welcome aboard Chris and thank you for serving.

looking forward to pictures and news of your progress.

Scott

MLeavy737

The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Bob Reed

Nice to have you here!!!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate