Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:18:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
155 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 179
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 155
Total: 155

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

"Checkin in FL410"

Started by Angus Wighton, September 25, 2009, 07:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angus Wighton

Hello to all, just joined as a new member and already recognize many familiar names.

I am a corporate pilot based in Toronto Canada, presently flying Gulfstream IV's - I know its a tough job, but someones got to do it - and I have been a loooooong time PC Sim pilot. 

I started dreaming of building my own flight simulator as a kid playing in an cardboard box that my parents new fridge had arrived in .... I cut out cockpit windows and took every electrical switch I could find in my dads toolbox inserting them into the MCP and overhead panels, drawn in with my crayons.

In 2004 I first started planning to build my own full-sized flight simulator (as opposed to my one 21" monitor, flight yoke & throttle) by visiting every website I could find on the internet to see what products I would need to purchase. 

It wasn't until I attended Flightdeck Solutions Builders Meeting in September 2005 that it all came together.  I was so motivated by meeting Peter Cos & his many customers that I ordered my first FDS sim parts shortly after and immediately began construction.  Since then I have loved every minute of it, even if I have been spending ridiculous amounts of money!!!

I spend more time flying my simulator than building it ..... so I will not be a very prolific contributor, but a regular visitor.

warvet

Welcome Angus nice to see ya here. Hope you enjoy your stay, i know you know many faces here so im sure you'll feel right at home.
Tim
A340
"Want Some,Get Some, Bad Enough Take Some!:D "

jackpilot

HI Angus
I remember that meeting...those 4 years zoomed by...
Glad to have you on board...Getting my shell and liners from FDS. The balance is ready except yokes and pedals...will need some advice from you as I want to be able to fly it asap.
Cheers and welcome

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate